C/W Xavier Bourgault - Shawinigan Cataractes, QMJHL (2021, 22nd, EDM)

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
still shocked, Oilers traded down to pick this guy instead of drafting a franchise goalie like Wallstedt.

Bourgault wont be NHL ready until probably after Draisaittl and Mcdavid are free agents.

Meanwhile the 6'3 monster in Wallstedt posted a 1.98 GAA and .917 sv % in 22 games in the SHL as an 18/19 yr old .

Oilers should have picked this stud or traded the pick away completely for some actual help to Mcdavid and Draisaittl.
Crazy how you predicted the bolded, and got tarred and feathered for it

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't think he'll be a bust but his celing, today, is Filip Zadina. And I really like Filip Zadina but my days of defending 'filling the puck with nets' are over.lol

Smallish scoring winger. If I had to guess what the hockey world has a surplus of.. it's them.lol

If I were to rank them in order of scarcity...

Potential 1G's are hard to find
Great C's are hard to draft and develop (so many end up on the wing)
Right Handed D have higher value
Left side D
Wingers

Heck, we picked up a guy like what he projects for a great price in Adam Henrique while our opponents were picking up Dmen.

Same with the 'Walstedt won't arrive in the NHL till he's 26'. I disagree but I get the argument. What would Walstedt get in trade today? What would Xavier B get? My guess is a 1st easily for Walstedt and a third for Xavier B.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
His development has stagnated.
The more I watch him play the more he seems to struggle with the size and speed.
He is a worse Benson honestly. He wasn't great last year but is quite a bit worse this year.
Coaching staff tries to use him more but he just brings so little.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
His development has stagnated.
The more I watch him play the more he seems to struggle with the size and speed.
He is a worse Benson honestly. He wasn't great last year but is quite a bit worse this year.
Coaching staff tries to use him more but he just brings so little.
The contrast being Benson had poor skating and a high IQ. He has great skating. Might be time to start teaching him to PK and give him d zone starts. Hope I'm wrong. Hope he finds his offence and becomes next Eberle.. 50 to 60 point winger but it looks bleak today.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Crazy how you predicted the bolded, and got tarred and feathered for it
That was a legit thing 2 years ago. Even the mere mention of 'should've taken walstedt' would get your anhilated on here.

My fav argument being that Walstedt won't be in the NHL till he's 27 and we're in a Cup Window.

NHL GPS

Jesper 1
Xavier 0

And I'll bet my hat Jersper gets to 2 games first too.lol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The contrast being Benson had poor skating and a high IQ. He has great skating. Might be time to start teaching him to PK and give him d zone starts. Hope I'm wrong. Hope he finds his offence and becomes next Eberle.. 50 to 60 point winger but it looks bleak today.
I would have hope with Bourgault if he showed forward momentum but he seems to be taking steps back. Hopefully next year is a bounce back but he just seems like another one of our wasted first round picks...which is happening far too much.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would have hope with Bourgault if he showed forward momentum but he seems to be taking steps back. Hopefully next year is a bounce back but he just seems like another one of our wasted first round picks...which is happening far too much.
Big time... Bro and Hollo tweening away. Xavier B not even in tween territory. I think that's our only first rounders 5 years into Kenny's reign. I will say though, I did like the Bro and Hollo picks at the time. Still a bit surprised they aren't regulars.

We are hoping to strike it rich with Savoie, Stefan and Petrov! Next GM might not be happy with the prospect pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad