C/W Gabe Perreault - Boston College, NCAA (2023, 23rd, NYR)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Was looking at some Eiserman stats and NTDP records since it seems likely to me that Eiserman will break the all time goals record for the program. Long way to go, but I would bet it happens.

When doing so I noticed the all time points record is 117 set by Matthews. Perrault sits at 96 with 14 games remaining. Seems pretty likely he breaks that. 10 points would be a fairly pedestrian U18 tournament which will mean he needs 12 points in 7 games all against USHL opponents when he's at just under 2.0 points per game for the year for USHL games.

Maybe he'll get some respect when he breaks the record. Calling it now - he should be easy top 15 and I have him top 10 right up there with guys like Benson, Sale, Leonard, and Barlow.

Just to clarify - Matthews 117 points is the single season record. Jack Hughes owns the all-time points record with 228.

For others interested in where we're getting these stats: All-Time NTDP Record Book

Reactions: 95snipes

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Interesting guy, to me he’s kinda like a more talented Guentzel that really knows how to play with talent and link everyone together without needing to carry the puck a ton or be overly involved.

But Guentzel would be way less effective on a rebuilding team or trying to drive a line as the alpha. I get the same idea with Perreault. He’ll feast on the space a star player creates and make an entire line better, but I don’t know if he’ll ever be “the guy” on a top 6 line (even if he leads it in scoring).

Those guys are hard to find for superstars though. Will be interesting to see how teams value him vs. a Yager type that has more potential to take over shifts.

Reactions: Synergy27

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Interesting guy, to me he’s kinda like a more talented Guentzel that really knows how to play with talent and link everyone together without needing to carry the puck a ton or be overly involved.

But Guentzel would be way less effective on a rebuilding team or trying to drive a line as the alpha. I get the same idea with Perreault. He’ll feast on the space a star player creates and make an entire line better, but I don’t know if he’ll ever be “the guy” on a top 6 line (even if he leads it in scoring).

Those guys are hard to find for superstars though. Will be interesting to see how teams value him vs. a Yager type that has more potential to take over shifts.
Guentzel is not a bad comp at all. My comp was Alex Tanguay, but I like the Guentzel one too.

Reactions: Gabrielor

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Guentzel is not a bad comp at all.
Imo Perreault has a better toolkit and more talent. He’s more dynamic in how he plays too.

(Which isn’t saying a ton, Guentzel doesn’t exactly possess any real standout attributes outside of his IQ and he’s not flashy at all)

But they’re similar in how efficiently they’re able to play off guys and produce quietly- at least from what I’ve seen.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The more I watch Perreault, the more I wonder why he’s relatively low in the rankings. What is it about his game that results in him being more in the 20s on most rankings than 10ish spots higher?

His playmaking and hockey sense are top notch every time I see him play and I’d see him as an option around 10th overall. What is it I’m apparently missing? His skating is said to be below average but it doesn’t look bad to me.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The more I watch Perreault, the more I wonder why he’s relatively low in the rankings. What is it about his game that results in him being more in the 20s on most rankings than 10ish spots higher?

His playmaking and hockey sense are top notch every time I see him play and I’d see him as an option around 10th overall. What is it I’m apparently missing? His skating is said to be below average but it doesn’t look bad to me.
Same here, I don't understand why he's ranked so low.
To me, there's a bunch of guys in the 10-20 slots that have a lot more question marks into their games.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

A team that drafts Smith or Leonard top 10 would be smart to grab this kid. The chemistry is undeniable.

Only teams that could do that are Montreal, Chicago and Arizona. Not impossible.

Even more interesting is the 3 of them will be together AGAIN with BC next year.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Detroit could potentially get Leonard and Perreault with their pick and the Islanders pick.
True. I admit I was on the assumption you needed Smith + one of the other 2 to "recreate" some of the magic, but give them a Dylan Larkin and that could be nice. ;)

Don't see Smith not being picked at 9. Could even go before Carlsson according to some people.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
At 3 it would be insane.
Not necessarily.

As good as Carlsson is, Smith is also a special prospect.

Columbus wants a C and I don't see Jarmo waiting for a Russian winger for 3 years when his job is on the line so I guess it would be between Carlsson and Smith at 3-4 for CLB.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not necessarily.

As good as Carlsson is, Smith is also a special prospect.

Columbus wants a C and I don't see Jarmo waiting for a Russian winger for 3 years when his job is on the line so I guess it would be between Carlsson and Smith at 3-4 for CLB.

Nope, it would be insane& Smith will be a wait also

Carlsson has a legit case for #2 but not going to take this thread off topic more

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

It’s just a really, really strong draft. Perreault isn’t higher because the guys ahead are better, that simple.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Congrats to Perrault. Well deserved, he's been fantastic all year.

A team that drafts Smith or Leonard top 10 would be smart to grab this kid. The chemistry is undeniable.

IMO Perreault has fantastic chemistry with Smith specifically. Leonard is just an awesome player that compliments the line perfectly, but I wouldn't go out of my way to reunite them.
It’s just a really, really strong draft. Perreault isn’t higher because the guys ahead are better, that simple.
That's debatable. It's a strong draft, but I have Perreault top 10 personally. It's a fairly deep draft for wingers, but it's at least close with some other guys in that 5-15 range depending what you value and what your needs are IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad