C Tyler Seguin (2010, 2nd overall, Boston; traded to Dallas)

ChokeOnOil

Lambs to Lions
Feb 11, 2007
Edmonton
Too bad Seguin works harder, is more committed, knows where his end of the rink is and, as much as you and all Leaf fans want to deny it, he IS as skilled as Kessel and is a more complete player...he just needs a few years to catch up.

That's laughable.

He's more skilled.

KingJet*

I just felt like bumping this up to show what they thought of him in the past, more like top 3 in the 2010 draft

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
Brock looks like a genius with his first post in the thread! Someone get this guy a scouting job.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Haha, oh the irony :P
:laugh: Little did we know it would be the Leafs falling to him.

The usual suspects from the Leafs fanbase are probably going to get bent out of shape about that but they should be able to appreciate how funny that post is in hindsight.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Is he considered a top 15 talent for 2010 draft?

I don't think so. He's a really smart player, and he's a good playmaker but there isn't a lot that really jumps out and yells elite at you. I think he'll definitely be a first round pick, probably in the backhalf of the round though.

I would highly doubt it, Skinner is just too small. He competes okay, but his size will be a huge detractor against him. If he explodes next year, he'll likely be a second round pick, perhaps an early one at that.

This guy should look for another job.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Ouch. :laugh:

But then again, Seguin definitely wasn't on the radar at that point in time compared to later in the season.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
In slight fairness to The Scouting Report, Seguin kind of turned it on about middle of that season. For the early part of the year, up until probably Christmas time or just after, Seguin was seen as just a "good" rookie playing with talented players. It was by the end of the season when people started to really take notice that he was doing it on his own, and that his linemates weren't carrying his success. And then he just carried forward his play into the following year, when he exploded up the charts.

With regards to Skinner, those doubts about his size/skating lingered even up until the draft. Though from my own viewings, Skinner always did seem to have that special thing in him. The only question for me was whether his size would be a factor. The stronger he got, the less that seemed to be an issue.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
This guy should look for another job.

Haha I was thinking that as well.

Having a nice fancy username and title obviously doesn't translate into knowledge.

That was over a year ago, before the beginning of the OHL season. You two honestly jumping on someone for being human and agreeing with the general view that time and having a legitimate concern about a player?

But then again, I guess its easier to make fun of people when they are wrong (this is HF after all) then to admire when someone is right (i.e. Brook being ignored for his accurate prediction except 1 poster).

KingJet*

That was over a year ago, before the beginning of the OHL season. You two honestly jumping on someone for being human and agreeing with the general view that time and having a legitimate concern about a player?

But then again, I guess its easier to make fun of people when they are wrong (this is HF after all) then to admire when someone is right (i.e. Brook being ignored for his accurate prediction except 1 poster).

It was actually before the playoffs

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

You cant be more wrong.

Yes I'm laughing at the supposed experts here who think how good player X or player B will become without any reservation at all.

THAT IS HF and the silliness of this site.

A lot of bla bla, but when we have the answers, than we have to shut up and are not allowed to laugh.

Madness.

KingJet*

Tyler Seguin

It really bugged me when the Bruins drafted him, no offence to you Bruins fans I just think he shouldn't of gone there, you have far too many centers and good quality in players, Seguin goes from being the 2nd overall pick in the NHL draft to a healthy scratch in the NHL playoffs, bet if the Bruins didn't select him he'd have way more points. This is damaging his development, plus they have too much salary cap and when they have to resign him they have to give him LOTS of money.

I think you guys should've drafted a winger like Connolly, wouldn't of been a bad idea, has top 5 skill.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
It really bugged me when the Bruins drafted him, no offence to you Bruins fans I just think he shouldn't of gone there, you have far too many centers and good quality in players, Seguin goes from being the 2nd overall pick in the NHL draft to a healthy scratch in the NHL playoffs, bet if the Bruins didn't select him he'd have way more points. This is damaging his development, plus they have too much salary cap and when they have to resign him they have to give him LOTS of money.

I think you guys should've drafted a winger like Connolly, wouldn't of been a bad idea, has top 5 skill.

Or we take the best player available at 2 which obviously was Seguin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad