C Tim Stützle (2020, 3rd, OTT) Part 2

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The biggest problems I see so far - having watched him play a few times now for the Sens - is that (1) the Sens overall approach seems fairly disjointed with or without him on the ice, tough to get any kind of dominance going when everyone is out of sync. So many of his shifts consist of a lot of skating with little to show for it (2) he loses most battles for the puck in the offensive zone. I think he's afraid to use his body and tries to win the battle with his stick..which won't work against NHL players.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
The biggest problems I see so far - having watched him play a few times now for the Sens - is that (1) the Sens overall approach seems fairly disjointed with or without him on the ice, tough to get any kind of dominance going when everyone is out of sync. So many of his shifts consist of a lot of skating with little to show for it (2) he loses most battles for the puck in the offensive zone. I think he's afraid to use his body and tries to win the battle with his stick..which won't work against NHL players.
No. He uses his body all of the time, sometimes he ends up on his arse. He's still figuring that part out.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008

Agreed to point 1, but definitely would argue with your last sentence. Refer to the third clip posted by NyQuil on the prior page (or any of the hits he threw against Canada in the WJCs!). Even his shift on his goal started with a hit.

I agree that he's often overmatched strength-wise -- which isn't surprising given his age and that he was rehabbing from a hand injury in the off-season. But he is definitely not someone afraid to battle physically.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Well maybe it just looks like he's afraid to use his body because he can't get any physical advantage. It's hard to tell from just looking at it in a game broadcast. All you see is that he goes to the puck and the moment an opponent is there as well, he'll lose position and the puck's going the other way quickly.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Stutzle is still figuring out how to use his body to gain positioning at this level, but I certainly wouldn't say he's afraid. Him getting dinged with a penalty in his 2nd game because Muzzin fell during a battle couldnt have helped, but I think by the end of the year he's going to be using his frame a lot and with a good degree of success. Is he afraid? I don't think so. Is he still uncertain, and thinking too deliberately and not enough automatically? At this point, I'd say that's very likely.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Yeah I don't agree at all with the assessment that he's afraid to use his body. He's just learning as a 19 year old. If anything, I'm impressed by how well he uses his body for positioning.

What I do agree with is the rest of the team is so unbelievably awful, unless its an individual performance like virtually all of his goals, it's going to be hard to get much going. The Sens can't get a puck out of the zone to save their lives.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Im no NHL coach, but it would be nice to see him on PP1 over Derek Stepan.

Especially if you're not really playing for anything this year. Stepan is what he is at this point. Jimmy is the future, and likely presently better additionally

Reactions: cudi

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
His end to end rushes are majestic. Reminscent of Connor McDavid's skating ability, just not as special or quite high end.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
In terms of skating with the puck, he's definitely going to be a top 5 NHLer.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Im no NHL coach, but it would be nice to see him on PP1 over Derek Stepan.
Just a matter of time. If you're running him out there on PP1 from the start, you can risk mishandling him by putting so much more pressure to produce or making him comfortable with the time and space on the PP.

It's easy to get annoyed with it as a fan, but letting him get adjusted to the regular shifts in the league first will only benefit him once he is inevitably on that top unit.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Oh look, bunch of people spewing their ill-informed takes on the Sens, obviously without having tuned in at all.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Not agreeing with everything I read but this is always such a ****** butthurt comment.

I'm fine with people saying the Sens suck, because they do. I'm just not interested in reading the smooth-brain comments of people who just repeat what they are told.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
looking forward to seeing him live thursday, haven't caught too many sens games this year but will be interesting to see how he looks against our Defense and Price

We are hoping that Mtl defence and Price decide to take the night off...we need a win :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad