C Tim Stützle (2020, 3rd, OTT) Part 2

Kofi Annan

Dec 15, 2018
Geneva
very good if we don't consider his early on struggles. The last 15 games really picking him up and he's adapting to the NHL pace and speed. One of the rare times we see a D+1 developing well in the NHL.

Stutzle wasn’t struggling at all....he belonged in this league from day 1.

Reactions: LFCTML

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Big fan of Stutzle ... I'm cheering for him to win the Calder but the only deterrent I can see is his +-
Think he would need to clearly be ahead in points by the end of the year to tilt the scales.
My guess for the Calder this year : 1. Stutzle ... 2. Kaprizov ... 3. Lankinen

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
He's had a tough time the last couple of games IMO. Normal to have ups and downs in a rookie year of course. But the expectation that he'd be a PPG guy from now onwards might be a bit unfair.

Of course, watch him have a good game against Edmonton as soon as I post this. He definitely seems to like playing against Adam Larsson.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
He's had a tough time the last couple of games IMO. Normal to have ups and downs in a rookie year of course. But the expectation that he'd be a PPG guy from now onwards might be a bit unfair.

Of course, watch him have a good game against Edmonton as soon as I post this. He definitely seems to like playing against Adam Larsson.

think you need to post here some more......

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
He looks the most ready out of the draft class. Here is a lesson about hypes for you. Lafreniere was being built up as a 1OA for so long people probably forgot to look closely at others.
I would take Stutzle over Lafreniere every time. He was playing against men and his production was amazing in DEL, meanwhile Lafreniere was playing against little kids.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I would take Stutzle over Lafreniere every time. He was playing against men and his production was amazing in DEL, meanwhile Lafreniere was playing against little kids.

Lol come on now Laf is going to be a star player.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

Does it really matter? Is Kakko better than Hughes because he was good against men ? Stutzle is faster than Lafreniere and was able to translate easily thanks to his dynamism, but Lafreniere could very well end up being the better player. That said, it is also possible Stutzle will keep being better.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Does it really matter? Is Kakko better than Hughes because he was good against men ?
Who knows? Neither one of them has outplayed the other at any point, or even created a bit of seperation.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

This kid is an absolute stud... but...... that's a poor example of it. The puck deflected off Barrie's stick and ended up top corner. Have a look at the replays and you'll see it from the reaction of both Koskinen and Barrie.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
This kid is an absolute stud... but...... that's a poor example of it. The puck deflected off Barrie's stick and ended up top corner. Have a look at the replays and you'll see it from the reaction of both Koskinen and Barrie.

Poor example of what? I posted a goal with no writing.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011

Should young players, who are to good for CHL go to European leagues for their development ? LA for example belongs to Anschütz Group like Berlin. They loanded Turcotte for DEL pre tournament to them. Would this be a advantage for Top picks?

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Should young players, who are to good for CHL go to European leagues for their development ? LA for example belongs to Anschütz Group like Berlin. They loanded Turcotte for DEL pre tournament to them. Would this be a advantage for Top picks?

I'd say it depends on the prospect. If they're above the competition, they should definitely be loaned to men's leagues so that they can be ready for the physical element of the game. The things you get away with in junior is not doable for many in the higher quality leagues.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Poor example of what? I posted a goal with no writing.
I think the tweet caption for the video says 'Tim Stützle. What a player.'
Maybe referring to that.

Dont mind if the kid keeps scoring on EDM as long as EDM ends up with the 2 pts. He is going to be on EDM fans' good side for a while just for making a positive comment about McD and Drai.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad