C Tim Stützle (2020, 3rd, OTT) Part 2

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
His skills are undeniable. What’s going to make him a superstar is his insane work ethic and overwhelming desire to be great. He loves hockey and it’s going to drive him to be a superstar.
I was thinking back the other day to just how exciting it was watching McDavid in his first season. He was such a raw player who still made mistakes, but you could just tell he was going to be special with some of the things he was doing that season even if he had a bit of a slow start to adjust to the league. I get similar vibes from Stutzle where you can just tell he has it. Obviously I don't expect him to come anywhere close to McDavid's level, I just thought I'd share my own experience watching a special player enter the league from up close, and I see a lot of parallels here. Sens are gonna have a rough season, but watching this kid grow all year should be more than enough to tune in every night as a Sens fan.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I was thinking back the other day to just how exciting it was watching McDavid in his first season. He was such a raw player who still made mistakes, but you could just tell he was going to be special with some of the things he was doing that season even if he had a bit of a slow start to adjust to the league. I get similar vibes from Stutzle where you can just tell he has it. Obviously I don't expect him to come anywhere close to McDavid's level, I just thought I'd share my own experience watching a special player enter the league from up close, and I see a lot of parallels here. Sens are gonna have a rough season, but watching this kid grow all year should be more than enough to tune in every night as a Sens fan.
Yup. This kid could be close to a point per game player as soon as next season. He’s so good and really creates chances for his team nearly every shift. I watch a lot of games and it’s concerning for the Rangers to see the difference between him and Lafreniere. I think Lafreniere will still end up a top line winger but right now Stuetzle is already close to that.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
There was a play last game where he went in for a dumped in puck on a 1vs3 forecheck. He won the 50/50 battle with the defenceman below the net, spun to the corner with players hanging off him, and fired a cross ice pass for an open teammate coming off the bench.

One of the most impressive plays I've seen him make yet. Not flashy just pure substance.

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
He's literally making a huge impact every game now. Could've easily scored 4 or more goals over the last couple games if not for great saves by the opposing goalies.

Reactions: Altimus

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
His skills are undeniable. What’s going to make him a superstar is his insane work ethic and overwhelming desire to be great. He loves hockey and it’s going to drive him to be a superstar.

I always wanted Stutzle pre-draft but after seeing his post draft video and the way he carried himself I was convinced that he was going to be a superstar.

His drive to be better, his humble yet confident approach and how he views himself, how he puts the team first and wants what's best for his teammates. Incredible maturity from such a young player who just loves hockey, we are so so lucky to have him.

I don't expect him to reach McDavid levels but when I saw Connor score that no-look goal against Calgary (kind of skating sideways then rips it) I thought myself "I can't wait for Timmy to pull that off".

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He makes something every shift. And if he gets the puck within the opposing blueline they always have a hard time containing him. He would have been the Calder winner hands down if Kaprizov wasn't a factor.

Reactions: Altimus

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He makes something every shift. And if he gets the puck within the opposing blueline they always have a hard time containing him. He would have been the Calder winner hands down if Kaprizov wasn't a factor.
I don't think he'd even be a finalist if it ended today

Poda

Jul 31, 2020
The team seems to develop nicely and he has a good share in it. If he keeps improving as recently he is gonna be a beast. Calder or no Calder.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
14 pts in 21 games ... not too shabby

very good if we don't consider his early on struggles. The last 15 games really picking him up and he's adapting to the NHL pace and speed. One of the rare times we see a D+1 developing well in the NHL.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He looks the most ready out of the draft class. Here is a lesson about hypes for you. Lafreniere was being built up as a 1OA for so long people probably forgot to look closely at others.

Reactions: Kofi Annan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->