C Thomas Bordeleau - Barracuda, AHL(2020, 38th, SJS)

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Congrats on getting your way. The kid suffers, but at least your speculation was accurate.
Or I was just being realistic based on the rules in place for this tournament. I can promise you I am not happy that any of these kids are losing out on a chance at this tournament because of Covid rules. You decided to stick your head in the sand and ignore what was actually going on around you. That isn't on me or anyone else.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What a weird hill to die on...

You could quote me or tag me.

To you and others, there’s no real consequence of being wrong. It’s not as if you’d admit it or suffer much from it. There was no reason to speculate without all the facts, but when you can’t lose, everyone always wants to be first.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Or I was just being realistic based on the rules in place for this tournament. I can promise you I am not happy that any of these kids are losing out on a chance at this tournament because of Covid rules. You decided to stick your head in the sand and ignore what was actually going on around you. That isn't on me or anyone else.

I love how you think you are taking some mythical high road when you try to quote me after the fact as if I said anything inaccurate and you don’t come off looking like an expletive about the result that you think it’s worth continuing to prod this discussion.

You started this by disagreeing with my opinion that didn’t mention you or anything you said, and then you came back later to it. Clearly you are very pleased. If you wanted to have it appear otherwise, you should’ve acted a little differently.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I love how you think you are taking some mythical high road when you try to quote me after the fact as if I said anything inaccurate and you don’t come off looking like an expletive about the result that you think it’s worth continuing to prod this discussion.

You started this by disagreeing with my opinion that didn’t mention you or anything you said, and then you came back later to it. Clearly you are very pleased. If you wanted to have it appear otherwise, you should’ve acted a little differently.
Yes I disagreed with you. It is a discussion board. The point of being here is to, you know discuss differing opinions. Just because I disagreed with you doesn't mean I am happy that Bordeleau is out. I simply said that the cutoff for the rosters was the 15th and if he is covid positive then it would be near impossible for him to be on the roster. If you don't like that fact that is a you problem.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is a really silly thing to be salty about. The vast majority of reports since the news broke on Sunday said that he wouldn't clear Covid protocols by the cut off so he was going to be left off the team.

It seems like you are struggling comprehension.

Someone took offense to my opinion. After the fact they tried to take a victory lap by reviving the discussion, which shows that he didn't actually understand what he was discussing.

Bordeleau had been out for two weekends, so this illness was not something new or at least it was added on of something else. There's no reason to actually believe he contracted COVID within the last few days. He also was not replaced on the camp roster, while an injured defenseman was.

And there's still been no actual confirmation about what happened to him by USA Hockey. Not one coach or management official has commented. They merely said in a press release he wasn't attending the camp. Even if hypothetically he contracted COVID the day it was reported, he'd still be done with the quarantine requirements pretty much the day the tournament starts.

Most of the people that do the speculating have essentially zero idea what they are talking about. They don't follow the player. They read a tweet or two or a few posts in this thread and think they understand the sequence of events. I don't think anyone here actually knows the sequence of events well. It's stupid to speculate without complete information, especially considering a lot of the people speculating have been operating under faulty premises.

But I get thats what this website does best. People talk about topics they don't know enough about. If I have to be the one that says it and people don't like it, I'll say it. A lot of the people commenting had almost no idea the sequence of events, and were completely speculating.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Even if hypothetically he contracted COVID the day it was reported, he'd still be done with the quarantine requirements pretty much the day the tournament starts.

You're angry with people speculating, then do some speculating yourself.

Anyway, it's tragic this kid missed the tourney two years in a row.

Reactions: Pia8988

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Most of the people that do the speculating have essentially zero idea what they are talking about. They don't follow the player. They read a tweet or two or a few posts in this thread and think they understand the sequence of events. I don't think anyone here actually knows the sequence of events well. It's stupid to speculate without complete information, especially considering a lot of the people speculating have been operating under faulty premises.

But I get thats what this website does best. People talk about topics they don't know enough about. If I have to be the one that says it and people don't like it, I'll say it. A lot of the people commenting had almost no idea the sequence of events, and were completely speculating.

Lol a bit rich coming from you. You're the living embodiment of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Ugh, I'm gutted for the kid. One of my favorite prospects. By all accounts very popular in the NTDP and U of M locker rooms.

To miss out on a supporting role in last year's gold medal team and a leading role in this year's team to COVID must be heartbreaking for him.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Me: The sun is going to set here tonight at 4:51P PST.

HFB poster: Too much speculation based on incomplete information. You have not demonstrated proof the sun is going to set at the end of the day.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
What is the plan now that Michigan is out? Will he follow Power and Johnson path or go back to the NCAA one more year? Something tell me he's eager to turn pro.

Reactions: Sandisfan

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
What is the plan now that Michigan is out? Will he follow Power and Johnson path or go back to the NCAA one more year? Something tell me he's eager to turn pro.

He should go back. With Beniers and Johnson apparently gone, his role will increase. He'll be one of their premier forwards next year with Fantilli, Samoskevich, and maybe Brisson if he hangs around.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00