C Thomas Bordeleau - Barracuda, AHL(2020, 38th, SJS)

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I still believe he is one of the more under-appreciated prospects out there. He doesn't have a first round pick label, and he missed out on not one, but two world juniors to showcase himself.

He had a higher scoring freshman season than Matthew Knies who gets all kind of love, followed by a 37 points in 37 games sophmore season while centering Michigan's second line (didnt get to have Johnson nor Brisson on his wing). Can't wait to see him in teal.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Bordeleau is one of those prospects who has a lot of underappreciated qualities to his game. He didn't put up the gawdy numbers that some of his teammates did but he's a very smart player, pretty slick passer and is excellent defensively. For a smallish guy he's also excellent at the face-off dot which I'm not sure will translate at the next level but if it does could get him on the ice in San Jose sooner rather than later. You would have to expect at least a year with the Barracuda but then again San Jose's center depth isn't very good.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Bordeleau is one of those prospects who has a lot of underappreciated qualities to his game. He didn't put up the gawdy numbers that some of his teammates did but he's a very smart player, pretty slick passer and is excellent defensively. For a smallish guy he's also excellent at the face-off dot which I'm not sure will translate at the next level but if it does could get him on the ice in San Jose sooner rather than later. You would have to expect at least a year with the Barracuda but then again San Jose's center depth isn't very good.
They're playing him first line center tonight with the Barracuda. If all goes well...the 3C spot is wide open on the sharks. He would have to have a very strong camp though.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
They're playing him first line center tonight with the Barracuda. If all goes well...the 3C spot is wide open on the sharks. He would have to have a very strong camp though.
Agreed, also probably depends a great deal on the development philosophy of whatever GM the Sharks hire to clean up the awful mess that Doug Wilson left behind.

Reactions: themelkman

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
This guy is only smallish in height. He has massive quads - serious St Louis vibes. I don’t think his size holds him back like other guys his height.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
This guy is only smallish in height. He has massive quads - serious St Louis vibes. I don’t think his size holds him back like other guys his height.
I didn't know this! He's always looked sort of slighter of build in the upper body but I've never seen his build, combine style. Glad to hear it though, will help him make an impact sooner.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I still believe he is one of the more under-appreciated prospects out there. He doesn't have a first round pick label, and he missed out on not one, but two world juniors to showcase himself.

He had a higher scoring freshman season than Matthew Knies who gets all kind of love, followed by a 37 points in 37 games sophmore season while centering Michigan's second line (didnt get to have Johnson nor Brisson on his wing). Can't wait to see him in teal.
Should be a pretty solid player for San Jose going forward.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I didn't know this! He's always looked sort of slighter of build in the upper body but I've never seen his build, combine style. Glad to hear it though, will help him make an impact sooner.

He's hiding a weapon of mass destruction.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto

Attachments

• 2D234427-5A30-4178-ABB7-EE7D7665B1C7.jpeg
    2D234427-5A30-4178-ABB7-EE7D7665B1C7.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 47

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Beautiful primary assist in the first period. kid has some legit skills, he did make a blind reverse pass in his own zone that got intercepted (gonna get yelled at for that), but good for coach B for putting him back out there where he made a beautiful play that made it 2-0 Sharks. Exciting player to watch.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Beautiful primary assist in the first period. kid has some legit skills, he did make a blind reverse pass in his own zone that got intercepted (gonna get yelled at for that), but good for coach B for putting him back out there where he made a beautiful play that made it 2-0 Sharks. Exciting player to watch.
He definitely has some cleaning up to do defensively, but he’s very talented. Sharks desperately need the injection of talent he and Eklund will bring.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He definitely has some cleaning up to do defensively, but he’s very talented. Sharks desperately need the injection of talent he and Eklund will bring.
Oh absolutely, I just pointed out the risky play he made earlier didn't land him on the bench - creative players like this are going to make mistakes very early on, but he was sent back out there and didn't lose confidence and made that beautiful play. Players like him seem to excel in San Jose. I don't know if he can have a Pavelski like career, but watching him with the USNDP to Michigan to now...it is evident that he is one of the top 20 prospects in the world right now.

Depending on how many top USA players want to come to the WC, I can see team USA bringing him along in May for the experience since he missed out on the WJC.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad