C Theodor Niederbach - Frölunda HC, SWE JRs (2020, 51st, DET)

Raskolnikow

Jun 19, 2018
Niederbach had a secondary assist in Frölundas 7-3 win. Anyone saw him play in that game?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Didn't stand out much during the preseason but was really, really good today in the season opener. 3 primary assists.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Might be someone who really sees his stock rise.. I don't know if he will be much of a secret again this year.

Now I won't be able to claim him as a sleeper pick I've had my eye on for awhile.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018

Might be someone who really sees his stock rise.. I don't know if he will be much of a secret again this year.

Now I won't be able to claim him as a sleeper pick I've had my eye on for awhile.

I am with you—was arguing in the spring that he would look like a first-rounder at the WJC.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Was there some concern with him that caused him to get drafted later or something? Seems like he's really good.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Was there some concern with him that caused him to get drafted later or something? Seems like he's really good.

He had a medical condition that caused problems with his knees. He had surgery on resulting in missing something over a year’s worth of hockey.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Would probably play some pro on many other SHL teams but Frölunda is one of the best teams in the league and on top of that have some great prospects that seem to be ahead of him for now (Raymond, Henriksson, Söderblom, Nässén, Torgersson, Lysell). Will be interesting if he goes to Allsvenskan or elsewhere at some point, next year at the latest.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Niederbach needs to play minutes, be the go-to guy on his team. He's fine where he is, no need to go anywhere when he' still showing a lot of improvement in J20. Many Allsvenskan teams will be looking for cheap options when NHL contracted players leave. Guessing he'll go there on a loan eventually.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Would probably play some pro on many other SHL teams but Frölunda is one of the best teams in the league and on top of that have some great prospects that seem to be ahead of him for now (Raymond, Henriksson, Söderblom, Nässén, Torgersson, Lysell). Will be interesting if he goes to Allsvenskan or elsewhere at some point, next year at the latest.
Frolunda has such absurd depth. Like maybe too much, even, because some of these guys don't get to challenge themselves.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Niederbach needs to play minutes, be the go-to guy on his team. He's fine where he is, no need to go anywhere when he' still showing a lot of improvement in J20. Many Allsvenskan teams will be looking for cheap options when NHL contracted players leave. Guessing he'll go there on a loan eventually.

Fully agree.

He missed a lot of hockey being out injured. I'm pretty sure he isn't going to get bored dominating just yet - let him get some more experience being the go-to guy before taking the next step.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
3,956,764th Most Common surname in the World :laugh:

Actually more of them in Sweden than in Germany - apparently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad