C Theodor Niederbach - Frölunda HC, SWE JRs (2020, 51st, DET)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
With Holtz and Raymond on his line it will be disappointing if he doesnt put up fairly big numbers

He'll be the defensive forward on his line. But I'd expect At least close to a PPG for him. The dude is too talented to end up low scoring in the tournament.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
He'll be the defensive forward on his line. But I'd expect At least close to a PPG for him. The dude is too talented to end up low scoring in the tournament.

All three of Raymond, Neiderbach, and Holtz provide good effort defensively. He wont be a babysitting a couple of mercurial snipers or anything

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

In a tournament against juniors and him being touted as possibly a first round pick, playing with those 2 even if youre playing a defensive role you should be putting up points.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
With Holtz and Raymond on his line it will be disappointing if he doesnt put up fairly big numbers
Doesn't sound like Niederbach will actually play with those two. Sundsvik is apparently centering Holtz/Raymond in game 1.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Doesn't sound like Niederbach will actually play with those two. Sundsvik is apparently centering Holtz/Raymond in game 1.

I just saw that in the Sweden WJC roster talk. What the hell are they thinking? The only thing I can think of is Holtz/Niederbach/Raymond puts 3 righties on the same line. That Sundsvik kid is also 6'2". How is his skating in comparison to Niederbach?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I thought he was really solid at the world juniors and got better as the games went on. For missing all of last year and still having a year of eligibility he was really good. Should be their top center next year

Will have to see what happens with Eklund who seemed likely to center the top line this year, but otherwise I agree he’s probably their best bet.

Reactions: KristichBabych

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
Very excited about this player as a wings fan after watching him in this tournament. He's smart and very good in small areas and has really nice hands. Hopefully he can develop some more explosiveness after his acl injury. Also I so badly want his nickname to be Beaver...

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah, I like Niederbach a lot. Should have been moved to the top line much earlier and gotten a bigger role on the PP. What I like most about him as a prospect is how fast he's progressing after missing a year. He's just better and better everytime I see him. His board play is miles better than last season. Lot's of room for him to mature physically and add some explosiveness too.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Will he ever come over to North America, or will he just enjoy the nice salary at home in Sweden?

Averaging 14:36 of ice time with five goals and six assists in 41 games (-13) for MODO.

Any reason to believe Wings are still interested in signing him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad