Prospect Info: C/RW Matthew Savoie, 9th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft - Traded to Moose Jaw 1/4/24

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just blocked a shot off his right hand to keep it a 4-2 game in favor of the Warriors. He was shaking it going off the ice, hopefully nothing that requires him to come out.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Before this year I thought of him as the last prospect I wanted traded now he is borderline untouchable

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
He’s insanely skilled, I think Savoie and Benson are going to make a monster 2nd line with Cozens that will be a nightmare to play against and so fun to watch.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm curious how they play tonight with Brandon facing elimination at home. He is scoring in a variety of ways, as usual, and doing things that help win games when he doesn't have the puck. Hard to want more out of him for where he's at.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
He’s insanely skilled, I think Savoie and Benson are going to make a monster 2nd line with Cozens that will be a nightmare to play against and so fun to watch.
They might make an insane pair of wingers but best to probably keep them separate we already have tuch peterka and Quinn we can pair them up with one to three of those guys and we have a solid top 9 with winger pairs

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
First point of the night, assisting on Mateychuk's goal.

And Firkus winds up in a fight with Luke Shipley. Wild.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Savoie gets his first of the night., wrister cutting from LW to RW in the middle of the zone, let it go at the faceoff dot and beat Bjarnason, chasing him. Video to follow.

Edit -

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Probably his best shift of the night was on the PP after McQueen got a double minor for checking from behind. He was everywhere, recovering pucks, making passes, setting up shots. That was impressive for a shift without any scoring.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And after a nice backchecking moment coming all the way back to his crease, he coughs up a puck into the slot that Roersma buries to make it 5-2 for MJ.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
"Only" 1-1-2 with 6 shots in the 6-2 series clinching win. Moose Jaw moves on, Brandon has talent and could be really good in a year or two but this is not their year.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
"Only" 1-1-2 with 6 shots in the 6-2 series clinching win. Moose Jaw moves on, Brandon has talent and could be really good in a year or two but this is not their year.
How is his all around game coming along? I know you’ve always been pretty high on it even last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How is his all around game coming along? I know you’ve always been pretty high on it even last year.

I appreciate the effort and he willingly tracks deeply into his own zone to support his defensemen. It's not always perfect - he coughed one up tonight on the 2nd Brandon goal after he took away a great chance at the net but then had a puck go off his blade into the mid-slot. He's added each year to his game and he uses his speed to be on the right side of the puck. He isn't cheating the game. Now, that's not to say Buffalo isn't going to push him to be some early zone blowing guy like they seem to preach to all of their quick forwards at the moment, but at his tier, he does a good job of taking care of his responsibilities in his own zone.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Considering he was interviewed for the Warriors' game-day media blurb since it's him vs. Geekie in this round, no idea what's up. Hopefully nothing too serious.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He had a full week off from the last series and was all ready to go when they made the pre-series media in the day or two before the first game. I was hoping for food poisoning or the flu or something. "Lingering injury" makes the hair on my neck stand up.
I don't want to see him dealt but if something comes up where it would bring us back a difference maker it has to be considered given the questions around his durability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad