Prospect Info: C/RW Matthew Savoie, 9th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft - Traded to Moose Jaw 1/4/24

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted 1st Overall by the Winnipeg Ice in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft, the COVID pandemic prevented Matthew Savoie from making a big impact in Manitoba until this season. He scored 35 goals and 55 assists for 90 points in 65 games. Savoie led all WHL rookies in points. He has also added one goal and two assists for three points in his first three WHL playoff games.

In 2020-21 Savoie played in the USHL while the WHL was shut down for most of the year. He put up 21 goals and 17 assists for 38 points in 34 games with the Dubuque Fighting Saints. Savoie was named to the USHL All-Rookie Team. He also played four games for the Sherwood Park Crusaders in the AJHL that season, scoring three goals and three assists for six points before the league was shut down.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Hopefully the Briere comps I had with him when he was playing early in the season hold up as a pro. Same sort of creative/quick player who goes into dirty areas.
tell me we have a fast creative player that likes the dirty areas and ill always be happy

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Really happy with this. He and Jonathan Lekkerimaki were my hopes for 9th. Or, you know, Shane Wright, if that trend continued lol

Reactions: JLewyB

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
tell me we have a fast creative player that likes the dirty areas and ill always be happy

Well that's what they have now. I was really high on him early in the season so it's funny that when they went from looking at being 2-3-4 and now at 9 they are getting one of the guys I was interested in then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad