C / RW Joni Ikonen - Ilves Tampere, Liiga (2017, 58th, MTL)

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Sad to hear, he looked so promising two years ago when i saw him play with Vesalainen in the juniors. Back then i was sure he will make a third line NHL´er without a doubt, but these injuries... It is disturbing to see that so many Finnish prospects as Juolevi, Puljujärvi, Nikkanen, Ikonen etc have so bad luck with severe injuries this early.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he's only played 13 games in 2 seasons, f*** that sucks. Really hope he can stay healthy for one and now that he appears to be going to a much better team then KalPa I hope he can have a breakout year.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Wonder if that's it for him coming to the NHL

His development has suffered due to injuries so it is probably better to get more FEL seasons under his belt before heading over to the NHL. Also, just like another poster said, he is only 20 years old so there is still time.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he is on pace to just about double his career best season, he's only 22, wonder if there's still a chance for him or not as he was not known for being a hard worker from what I remember hearing about him. He missed so much time to injury but seems to be doing well in Liiga this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad