C / RW Joni Ikonen - Ilves Tampere, Liiga (2017, 58th, MTL)

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
1280-2-liquiglide-ketchup-bottle.jpg

Reactions: NotProkofievian

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The kid can shoot the puck, that's for sure! Hopefully he keeps progressing , was really unfortunate for him to be out for so long.

Definitely has talent. Habs fans were ecstatic when he got drafted (at least from what I remember) and other teams fans were jealous. Kid has talent he’s just got to figure things out a bit.

Really good start to his year and hope he builds off it - I also need him to develop for selfish reasons.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Surprised to see Ikonen doing so well after being out with the knee injury since June. He's up to 9 pts in 13 games after getting just 14 pts in 52 games last year (had a real slow start in his liiga debut)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Surprised to see Ikonen doing so well after being out with the knee injury since June. He's up to 9 pts in 13 games after getting just 14 pts in 52 games last year (had a real slow start in his liiga debut)
ikonen has 10 in 13 this season

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
They added an assist to his total well after the game was finished...so he does indeed now have 10 in 13.

The encouraging part is he's doing this as a center and the Habs with their newfound C depth can be very patient and just let him grow in Finland for another year or 2, and then possibly in the AHL.

From almost 2 years ago...

Better luck next summer when Juha Ylonen's ( Juha played in Coyotes during his career and Jesse is born in Scottsdale Arizona October 3 1999) son Jesse is draft eligible.
Joni Ikonen would have been good pick to coyotes but some reason they passed him.

Kind of crazy that you brought up Ylonen as the Habs got him too. Heh.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Man, this is so f***ing encouraging. Hell of a return from injury so far - absolutely was not expecting him to produce this well so soon.

Good stuff.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

I agree. He looked kinda lost when I saw him last year, and I got real worried when I heard he's going to miss the first half of this year. Coming out of the gates like this after what he's gone through is surprising and gives a lot of hope for the future.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Terrible news. I was pretty excited when he came back strong after his last injury but this might be too much at this stage of his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad