C/RW Jonatan Berggren - Skelleftea, SWE JRs (2018, 33rd, DET)

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
To your point those two things usually go hard in hand

giphy.webp

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
We'll see about that. He looks like an NHL winger to me.

This.

He showed us just how productive he can be as a winger in the play-offs. I'm hopeful that we'll get to draft a truly elite 1# center with Larkin and then Veleno in the system that might push Rasmussen to the wing. A dream line for me would be;

Rasmussen - Hughes - Zadina

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Face off lalalalalalaaa face of lalalalalalaaa face of lalala face off lalala face off lalala laaaaa

Sorry snapped a little...

Whats with this Berggren guy whats to expect? Bad faceoffs?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Exactly the type of player you want to pick up in the second round. Boom or bust type offence with room to grow. Detroit is going to be a fun team to watch in a few years depending on how the prospects develop. Still have a couple of years rebuilding to address defence as well.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Exactly the type of player you want to pick up in the second round. Boom or bust type offence with room to grow. Detroit is going to be a fun team to watch in a few years depending on how the prospects develop. Still have a couple of years rebuilding to address defence as well.

Berggren is hardly more "boom or bust" than any other player picked late 1st/2nd round.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Berggren is hardly more "boom or bust" than any other player picked late 1st/2nd round.

Meant it in the way as I see him either being a top six forward or not in the NHL. Lots of the guys around the same range are ‘safer picks’ in the sense that if they don’t reach there potential they will still likely be depth players. Other guys in that range like Veleno, Noel, and Ylonen would likely be more successful in a bottom six role.

That being said teams should take the most talented player 10/10 and I think Berggren is more talented than the rest of those players.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Meant it in the way as I see him either being a top six forward or not in the NHL. Lots of the guys around the same range are ‘safer picks’ in the sense that if they don’t reach there potential they will still likely be depth players. Other guys in that range like Veleno, Noel, and Ylonen would likely be more successful in a bottom six role.

That being said teams should take the most talented player 10/10 and I think Berggren is more talented than the rest of those players.

I can easily see Berggren becoming a 3rd-4th line energy player who provides secondary scoring.

cowgirlcath

Johnny Mony and Cathy
Jul 9, 2018
Calgary
Really love this prospect. A complete offensive toolkit and blistering speed makes him quite a joy to watch. Wasn't able to follow him much throughout the season but his highlights and the one shift by shift I watched were very encouraging. Reminds me a lot of Jonathan Dahlen and maybe even a little Sebastian Aho. Was expecting him to go 1st round but I think he's a great fit in Detroit.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Really love this prospect. A complete offensive toolkit and blistering speed makes him quite a joy to watch. Wasn't able to follow him much throughout the season but his highlights and the one shift by shift I watched were very encouraging. Reminds me a lot of Jonathan Dahlen and maybe even a little Sebastian Aho. Was expecting him to go 1st round but I think he's a great fit in Detroit.
Aho is a good comparable. Both are smart in boat loads.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I see Berggren listed as a boom or bus pick. I really don’t see the bust side at all. At worst he’s a top 9 scoring winger. This is the best player drafted outside the 1st round.

Reactions: Filip Zadina

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I see Berggren listed as a boom or bus pick. I really don’t see the bust side at all. At worst he’s a top 9 scoring winger. This is the best player drafted outside the 1st round.
Id say hes probably the best player drafted outsise the top 15. Him and Alexeyev dropped from 13 and 10 respectively on my list. Crazy good players.

Reactions: Filip Zadina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad