C/RW Jonatan Berggren - Skelleftea, SWE JRs (2018, 33rd, DET)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The funny thing about Berggren is I don't think there would be as much talk about him if he went in the first rd. To me if you reverse him with Bokk. Bokk would be getting all the attention post draft.

Needless to say, I love Berggren. I think he is going to be a terrific 2nd rd pick that most likely should have gone higher. Hard ro knock the Wings top 4 picks this draft. Outstanding job of letting players fall to them, and then picking the right ones. The only player I may have taken that they passed on is Wilde. But MacIsaac is almost a pick em there. Time will tell on that one. Not much to separate there.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Ill say it here, Berggren will be the best player out of that Detroit draft.

That could be a good thing or bad thing. Most likely good. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy with a draft. Really think this will be a big turning point for our franchise.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That could be a good thing or bad thing. Most likely good. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy with a draft. Really think this will be a big turning point for our franchise.
Its a bit of both, I'm not high on Veleno and McIsaac at all and I think Zadina plateaus as a sniper at 30Gs a season, Berggren will be a play driver that ends up in the 60s, thats always better than what the other three are projected to be. He's the high end offensive talent in your draft.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
U need play drivers to win. And u need snipers to finish off plays made by the driver. Detroit got both of those. Berggren and Zadina could be a similiar stylistic duo as kuznetsov and ovi(nowadays). Is Berggren gonna be as good as kuzy? Most likely not. But a kuzy-lite and an ovi-lite is still a heck of a duo

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I watched the draft on saturdays morning and swear so loud when DET picked Berggren. This guy is a top 15 talent easily and I wished he fell to the habs at 35! Love the draft for you guys in Detroit! Zadina Veleno Berggren and McIsaac you guys stole the show!

Christien

May 1, 2010
I know it was just a prospects scrimmage, but Berggren was the best forward on the ice IMO. Just oozes hockey sense and showed some flash. He had a couple assists today and also scored a nice shootout goal.

The shootout isn’t included in these highlights for some reason, but here’s highlights from the game

Shootout goal around :40 seconds in

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Glad this guy is looking good so far. Thought we should have moved up to get him before the draft so getting him on day two was amazing. Him with Rasmussen and Veleno centering would be quite nice in 3 years.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
F6XiHq3.gif

Reactions: Red Winger 87

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Glad this guy is looking good so far. Thought we should have moved up to get him before the draft so getting him on day two was amazing. Him with Rasmussen and Veleno centering would be quite nice in 3 years.
If Veleno is on your top line youre gonna have a baddddd time.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Rasmussen is a center.
Remains to be seen, played the best hockey of his career as a winger, if that continues that's were he will play.

As for Berggren, I loved this kid at the u18, and after seeing him in the scrimmage I'm pretty convinced he will be a top 6 guy. The puck just always seems to be on his stick when he's out there, great skating and hockey IQ.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Very unlikely Berggren plays center; lots of guys who play junior hockey think they are centermen and then they get to the show and go 25% from the face off circle; next thing you know they are wingers....

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
Very unlikely Berggren plays center; lots of guys who play junior hockey think they are centermen and then they get to the show and go 25% from the face off circle; next thing you know they are wingers....
I think it's more the responsibilities at center that younger players struggle with. There are lots of good centers with sub 50% faceoffs.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad