C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2020 Draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I would still take Laf #1, but it's worth noting that Byfield's PPG is above what Laf's was last year, which is relevant since Lafreniere is just about a full year older with an extra season of junior under his belt.

Laf had 105 in 61 last year, Byfield's sitting at 72 in 37 right now.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Left injured with a jammed wrist last night and didn’t return for the 2nd or 3rd. Went straight to the hospital

Doanator

Shane Doan - hall of fame
Jan 10, 2020
Austria
So what was your opinion of LaFreniere putting up the same type of performance last season??
There are players out there like Laf, Rossi or Stutzle who are more dedicated and passioned to improve every aspect of their game every day.
Imo Byfield is not at the same level in this respect...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is Byfield NHL ready next year?

He'll play in the NHL next season. He has a huge size and skating advantage on junior aged players, so he should adjust better physically to the NHL than most, and he's had a very productive season in the OHL. He likely doesn't have much more to accomplish in junior hockey. Whether he has success in the NHL next season is a different question.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
He'll play in the NHL next season. He has a huge size and skating advantage on junior aged players, so he should adjust better physically to the NHL than most, and he's had a very productive season in the OHL. He likely doesn't have much more to accomplish in junior hockey. Whether he has success in the NHL next season is a different question.

He is a tweener.
Too good for one league and out of his league in another.

Reactions: Andrei79

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Well all of LA, Ottawa and Detroit sure could use him and LA might be the best fit of those 3 teams.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

Yes I agree. I have tempered my expectations for him, but physically he is an NHL player already. I am not sure he has the high end skill potential I used to believe in, but NHL scouts have a much better grasp on that than I do.

LA doesn't need Byfield. They have Turcotte and Vilardi, and still also have Kopitar. They need more scoring wingers or offensive defensemen.

I don't believe in passing on a player like byfield because other prospects play that position. Any of them can move to wing. There isn't a single NHL C who would become a bad player on the wing. It's the opposite switch that often doesn't work.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
There are players out there like Laf, Rossi or Stutzle who are more dedicated and passioned to improve every aspect of their game every day.
Imo Byfield is not at the same level in this respect...

Lmao this is a garbage take thats not based in reality.

One of Byfield's biggest strengths is his high character and work ethic. You have no idea how hard it is to convince top prospects to come play for the Wolves in Northern Ontario - and Byfield did it with zero hesitation and a huge smile on his face the whole way.

His billets rave about him being the nicest and humblest kid they've ever had. Coaches and teammates adore him. So where in the hell are you getting the idea that hes not dedicated to the game? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Yeah, but those are OHL goals. You know who plays in the OHL? Children. Minors. Can't even rent a car. Don't know what a VCR is. I wouldn't draft a player who scores so many goals on helpless children like this, like a hotdog. It shows a lack of character.

Is this a joke post? Do you know how many current and former NHL player, played in the CHL? Where do you think the most of the NHL players come from?

339 CHL Alumni on 2019-20 Opening Night NHL Rosters – CHL

Bubba Pilks

Jun 21, 2019
Lmao this is a garbage take thats not based in reality.

One of Byfield's biggest strengths is his high character and work ethic. You have no idea how hard it is to convince top prospects to come play for the Wolves in Northern Ontario - and Byfield did it with zero hesitation and a huge smile on his face the whole way.

His billets rave about him being the nicest and humblest kid they've ever had. Coaches and teammates adore him. So where in the hell are you getting the idea that hes not dedicated to the game? Seriously? :rolleyes:

I've heard and read the same thing. Hardworking kid that is loved by his billets, coaches and teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad