C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2020 Draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think you want him to be much heavier than he is. His "gains" will be more in how he uses his body, and there's a lot of room for growth there. I'm reminded of when Dubois started adding all of the power forward moves after his draft year, learning them from skills coaches. Byfield will be an absolute terror when he does that. He's already a terror on the rush he just needs to learn how to be a terror on the cycle.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I can only see him getting drafted by Ottawa.

If he gets drafted to LA I'm just going to get attacked by Kings fans of how wrong I am... it's happened many times. But I just see LA taking Stutzle.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
And he's still younger than most of the draft.
And big kids often take time to "grow into their bodies."

Even though he's not super physical, I do seem him do some things with his size that he's going to have to grow out of.

And I wish his game was more direct to the net.

He does throw the puck away a little bit or skate himself into strange places on the ice.

But if bee-lines his game toward the net, he's going to be nearly impossible to stop.
A bigger, faster Getzlaf.

I don't think he'll ever quite be Malkin. But maybe I'm wrong.

A bigger, faster Getzlaf with hair.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Canuck and Flyers fan here, if developed properly Byfield can be a dominating 80 point centre with good defence capabilities and someone who could surpass Lafreniere in 3-4 years. Congrats LA or Ottawa, you’re going to get a absolute stud!!!!

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Canuck and Flyers fan here, if developed properly Byfield can be a dominating 80 point centre with good defence capabilities and someone who could surpass Lafreniere in 3-4 years. Congrats LA or Ottawa, you’re going to get a absolute stud!!!!

I really haven't been following Byfield because I didn't really think the Kings would have the opportunity to draft him. But if he could turn into Kopitar part 2 I would be over the moon.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
I like Stutzle a bit more but Byfield does have the higher ceiling. If he can put it all together then you will have your franchise center.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
How tough is the kid? Does he have a mean streak

I like his toughness and what i like even more is his motor. This is a kid who wants to be a difference maker on the fore-check or back-check. He needs to get his man strength though.

As a player who could be 6 ft 5 230 pounds and one of the elite skaters in the game, his two way upside is massive.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I don't think you want him to be much heavier than he is. His "gains" will be more in how he uses his body, and there's a lot of room for growth there. I'm reminded of when Dubois started adding all of the power forward moves after his draft year, learning them from skills coaches. Byfield will be an absolute terror when he does that. He's already a terror on the rush he just needs to learn how to be a terror on the cycle.

Whoever drafts him has to fix his skating balance issues, obviously Sudbury doesn’t have that kind of coaching in place.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Kings devteam should be good for this, but I'm loving the idea of him just sitting next to Kopitar for a few years. Similarly big dude that is not a banger but is 'physical' in absorbing contact and just tiring checkers out. I'd be 100% okay with Byfield not turning into an angry bull if he at least can use that frame like Anze does.

...or they could clockwork orange him with early-career Brown highlights, I'd be good with that too

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings devteam should be good for this, but I'm loving the idea of him just sitting next to Kopitar for a few years. Similarly big dude that is not a banger but is 'physical' in absorbing contact and just tiring checkers out. I'd be 100% okay with Byfield not turning into an angry bull if he at least can use that frame like Anze does.

...or they could clockwork orange him with early-career Brown highlights, I'd be good with that too

Could you imagine two Anze Kopitars on the same team? I’d rather show Turcotte the early Brown clips. Turcotte/Byfield, Kopitar/Brown

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
All I can do at this point is pray that LA is either in love with Stutzle, or be open the Sens trading up. They have the picks and assets to do it, no matter what the cost....

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
All I can do at this point is pray that LA is either in love with Stutzle, or be open the Sens trading up. They have the picks and assets to do it, no matter what the cost....
Why move up and spend asset. Dorion really love Stutzle. Maybe with the 5th pick if LA want Drysdale

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Am I the only one not super sold on Byfield at 2? He looked pretty underwhelming at U18.

What U18 tournament? Hlinka-Gretzky tournament? 5 pts. in 5 games. 3 goals 2 assists. he was good to very good...somewhere in between in the 5 games. I wouldn't be making any assessments on a 5 game summer exhibition tournament.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
If Ottawa gets him then damn what a giant team they are building at forward.

Tkachuk
Byfield
Logan Brown
Norris
Batherson
Formenton
Pinto
Chlapik
Paul

Only Norris is under 6’2.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
1C110960-2FB1-4191-BC1B-750F88F4AA33.jpeg

Interesting tibit from Pronman, and if I'm honest I’ve thought the exact same too. I’ve never seen an elite prospect such as Byfield get nitpicked the way he has. You’d think he was a 2nd round talent with the way people talk about him.

Its one thing to raise concerns about him and rank him lower than the average, this is perfectly fine. Yet, it’s another thing to get constantly blasted for faults that similarly ranked players don’t. Also the stuff like what ISS pulled with the poor kid, It makes you wonder why he’s more criticized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad