C Philipp Kurashev, Quebec Remparts - 120th overall 2018

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont see him as the sure thing some do still here so I get it. But I dont know he is that under the radar sometimes. Like powers and Wheeler did a article about prospect comparable in the summer that didn't put him on it.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I dont see him as the sure thing some do still here so I get it. But I dont know he is that under the radar sometimes. Like powers and Wheeler did a article about prospect comparable in the summer that didn't put him on it.
Kurashev seems like a super sleeper that only us Hawks fans know anything about and how good he is.
I mean, I could see him as a 60 point 1st line 2-way winger or a 50-55 pt 2 way 2C if he maximizes his potential. I by no means think he's a guarantee to be a top 6er, but he's a probable top 9er with potential for so much more.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm on a computer now (unlike when I made my post a few hours ago), so Imma dive into Kurashev a bit more.

He was the best player on his QMJHL squads and arguably the best on the various Swiss squads he played for. But his numbers were always lower than his talent would indicate, because he had to be THE guy.

If you were to watch him, you'd see a lot that you'd like. But if you are stat watching him, he's just a guy.

He was starting to turn a corner last year in Rockford, might've even gotten a bit of time as the 1C (don't fully remember), but his concussion kept him out for months and thus his point totals continued to be unimpressive.

Let him be healthy, give him quality time without expecting him to carry the load, and I think he could be a damn good player here (which is why I think he's currently our 3rd best prospect).

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm on a computer now (unlike when I made my post a few hours ago), so Imma dive into Kurashev a bit more.

He was the best player on his QMJHL squads and arguably the best on the various Swiss squads he played for. But his numbers were always lower than his talent would indicate, because he had to be THE guy.

If you were to watch him, you'd see a lot that you'd like. But if you are stat watching him, he's just a guy.

He was starting to turn a corner last year in Rockford, might've even gotten a bit of time as the 1C (don't fully remember), but his concussion kept him out for months and thus his point totals continued to be unimpressive.

Let him be healthy, give him quality time without expecting him to carry the load, and I think he could be a damn good player here (which is why I think he's currently our 3rd best prospect).
IIRC his numbers while playing for the Swiss team were pretty good. He was around a PPG in U20 tournaments for the Swiss team after his draft year.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
IIRC his numbers while playing for the Swiss team were pretty good. He was around a PPG in U20 tournaments for the Swiss team after his draft year.
For all U20 that year, he was 41st in PPG. Now of course a lot of those players didn't play more than a handful of games, but his numbers don't stick out like a sore thumb either.

Again, best player on his team, but it's not like people are paying attention to f***ing Switzerland. Their best player is a dude drafted in the 4th round; who the f*** is watching them attentively outside of fellow countrymen and maybe Hawks fans???

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah, but I don't see him high on lists anywhere. I have access to Wheeler, Pronman and Peters and none of them have him on their lists.

Two of them are paid by the same garbage company that's releasing shit only. Besides that, did one of them ever play hockey or was part of a teams hockey operations? I don't think so. They don't know anything about hockey...certainly not more than you or me. Btw, I told you guys at the draft you got a steal...

Reactions: Pez68

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Kurashev was voted to the all-star team at the WJC the final year he played. He led (or was tied for) the tournament lead in goals and was named a top-3 player on his team.

And he definitely got the attention of the analysts, commentators, fans.

It's just Pronman and Wheeler who somehow seem to have forgotten about him for some strange reason.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
For all U20 that year, he was 41st in PPG. Now of course a lot of those players didn't play more than a handful of games, but his numbers don't stick out like a sore thumb either.

Again, best player on his team, but it's not like people are paying attention to f***ing Switzerland. Their best player is a dude drafted in the 4th round; who the f*** is watching them attentively outside of fellow countrymen and maybe Hawks fans???
He was one of the best players in the tournament and carried the Swiss all the way to the semis when they were not expected to get anywhere close to the medal round. Teams knew he was the player that drove the play for the Swiss and he still was able to produce. It’s not like he racked up points in the relegation round.

He is a legit prospect and I don’t really care what the ‘experts’ say in their projections. If you want any indication of the quality of their predictions (and a good laugh), go look at their previous predictions of past prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad