C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Has won 68 of his last 85 face-offs.....
In 20 games, 13 goals, 26 assists, 39 points.

11 goals and 26 assists for 37 points in 20 games.

Why do you feel the need to bump up point totals for every prospect you like? Its misleading and really makes no difference in how they're perceived.

Edit: He just scored 2 goals which does put him up to 39 points, but in 21 games. My point still stands though.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Why do you feel the need to bump up point totals for every prospect you like? Its misleading and really makes no difference in how they're perceived.

Edit: He just scored 2 goals which does put him up to 39 points, but in 21 games. My point still stands though.

His was 0+0 in his first game, i counted from game 2

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

I don't see the harm in posting about the WHL scoring leader. He'll be a handful playing on a line with Stone in 3-4 years.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Also of note that he's now riding a 20 game point streak. The only game this season he hasn't gotten a point was the first game of the year vs Brandon.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
I don't see the harm in posting about the WHL scoring leader. He'll be a handful playing on a line with Stone in 3-4 years.

That wasn't my point, and I think Krebs is going to turn out to be great player in the NHL.

That poster bumps up stats of almost every prospect he likes. He adds a couple goals/assists to their totals as if it makes a difference in how they are perceived.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
That wasn't my point, and I think Krebs is going to turn out to be great player in the NHL.

That poster bumps up stats of almost every prospect he likes. He adds a couple goals/assists to their totals as if it makes a difference in how they are perceived.

It's a prospects forum and people like to discuss prospects. What's the problem exactly?

Reactions: Devonator

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
It's a prospects forum and people like to discuss prospects. What's the problem exactly?

I don't think you understood my post. There's obviously nothing wrong with discussing prospects (that's why I'm here), or posting stat updated.

The poster I quoted inflates prospects' point totals in the majority of his updates. He'll add a couple goals, a couple assists, decrease the games played, etc... to help support his prospect takes. It's misleading and inaccurate.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018

It seems like everyone misunderstood my post. I enjoy stat updates to help keep up to date on how prospects are doing. My issue is with @GeorgeLeafer12 intentionally posting inaccurate stats for prospects he likes.

I'll try not to derail the thread though, let's get back to Krebs. He fell draft day due to his ankle injury but I imagine a lot of teams are going to regret passing on him. Newhook and Krebs were some pretty insane back to back picks in the middle of the 1st.

P10p

May 15, 2012
It seems like everyone misunderstood my post. I enjoy stat updates to help keep up to date on how prospects are doing. My issue is with @GeorgeLeafer12 intentionally posting inaccurate stats for prospects he likes.

I'll try not to derail the thread though, let's get back to Krebs. He fell draft day due to his ankle injury but I imagine a lot of teams are going to regret passing on him. Newhook and Krebs were some pretty insane back to back picks in the middle of the 1st.

The problem is that "bump" on a forum means posting on a thread. You're using the word wrong in this sense...

So when you say "he is bumping stats", in the context of an internet forum, people are perceiving it as you having a problem with "he is posting stats".

Reactions: Llamamoto

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The problem is that "bump" on a forum means posting on a thread. You're using the word wrong in this sense...

So when you say "he is bumping stats", in the context of an internet forum, people are perceiving it as you having a problem with "he is posting stats".
Yea but he also clearly explained what he meant. Idk kinda weird a few people kept arguing against something he wasn't trying to say after he clearly explained himself. Just like it's weird the other dude dishonestly changes stats to make certain prospects look slightly better. (If he actually does that)

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

I understood what you meant, FWIW.

Reactions: Llamamoto

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
In his final WHL game he extended the streak to 23 games. Ends the season with a league-leading 43 points in 24 games.

On to the AHL, & NHL he goes.

Reactions: Bubbles

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Man, Ducks were so close to pick him, damn you Vegas.

(Trade was in place with Dallas, but Vegas took him just before)

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
With the WHL season over, any chance he'll jump to the AHL? Or will Vegas call him up for the playoffs?
I'd say it'll start with AHL with potential for some NHL action.

Might be tough to crack that deep Vegas lineup though. Maybe he sees some games close to playoffs if/when they rest some guys.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
With the WHL season over, any chance he'll jump to the AHL? Or will Vegas call him up for the playoffs?

No cap space right now so until that changes I doubt he sees any regular season NHL games, but yeah I can see him getting in the lineup for the playoffs.

Reactions: Eegs

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Krebs joins the Silver Knights!

Golden Knights top prospect Peyton Krebs joining Silver Knights

Could be Vegas' secret weapon in the playoffs.

And now he's on the taxi: Golden Knights' Peyton Krebs: Rises to taxi squad

This kid is special, what he's doing (did) in the WHL is outstanding, dominance when PK is 100% healthy

But imho, I would've let him finish the season and what he started. He just turned 20 years old, and he's still growing into his body. He's a worker, and he still needs to play, dominate and master his strengths before advancing to the pro league. I hope they don't rush the kid, he's going to the face of the Golden Knights, but he needs to develop physically and mentally, for at least another season or two.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
And now he's on the taxi: Golden Knights' Peyton Krebs: Rises to taxi squad

This kid is special, what he's doing (did) in the WHL is outstanding, dominance when PK is 100% healthy

But imho, I would've let him finish the season and what he started. He just turned 20 years old, and he's still growing into his body. He's a worker, and he still needs to play, dominate and master his strengths before advancing to the pro league. I hope they don't rush the kid, he's going to the face of the Golden Knights, but he needs to develop physically and mentally, for at least another season or two.

He's on the Taxi Squad because Henderson doesn't play until next Saturday. They probably can't fit him in the lineup due to cap reasons.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He's on the Taxi Squad because Henderson doesn't play until next Saturday. They probably can't fit him in the lineup due to cap reasons.
Can send down Sikura/Jurco and there's space, but considering Vegas usually skips the TS part when bringing a guy from the A(which Krebs have yet to join since the end of his WHL season) into the lineup, him being allocated there isn't an indication of anything, really.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Can send down Sikura/Jurco and there's space, but considering Vegas usually skips the TS part when bringing a guy from the A(which Krebs have yet to join since the end of his WHL season) into the lineup, him being allocated there isn't an indication of anything, really.

Sikura and Jurco are on emergency loan. You can't call up a player that makes more than 1m (including bonuses).

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Sikura and Jurco are on emergency loan. You can't call up a player that makes more than 1m (including bonuses).
The 1m part refers to emergency recall w/ cap relief if I'm not mistaken, and Jurco+Sikura don't make use of that. What regular emergency recalls do help with is waivers. Sending either of Jurco/Sikura back down would leave 1.4m in non-prorated space, enough to bring up Mr. Krebs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad