Prospect Info: C Noah Ostlund, 16th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft, Assigned to Rochester 4.17.24

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Kemell didnt he played in highest league and scored points why not taking him have him beside the other we have alot of c/w. We looking for a good 3-4 line c with this Guy if he improves

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looks like one of those KA picks where the guy has a lot of great underlying talent, drive and brains but still needs to grow physically. The idea is that he's good now, wait till he gets stronger. Like Quinn, no?

Very much. I would think they are banking on these guys being able to pack on the lbs in a constructive way - obviously - and they have talent and smarts.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
You really think Olofsson would go in the 7th round if they did a redraft right now? The idea that we shouldn't pick players from a country because someone drafted by a previous GM or traded for 10 years ago didn't turn out.
Remembers both rosen and this pick Will be a Girgensons Larsson player nothing sexy to get excited about . Wanna winn the f***ing cup sabres havent since never since enter league 1970 They doing something wrong

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Remembers both rosen and this pick Will be a Girgensons Larsson player nothing sexy to get excited about . Wanna winn the f***ing cup sabres havent since never since enter league 1970 They doing something wrong

Is there anything of value you can add to this thread or will it all be like this?

-----------------------------------------------

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I mean, I agree. But when you're a Mickey Mouse franchise that makes shit tier picks like this one I guess it doesn't really matter who you play at 3rd line center. It's gonna be hilarious watching Montreal and Chicago complete their rebuilds before us.

It is one thing to be negative or pessimistic, it is another to post just absolute junk. Very little of what you posted tonight is based on reality, weird that's how you want to spend your time...

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Is there anything of value you can add to this thread or will it all be like this?

-----------------------------------------------

Just being honest we are not the red wings . Hope sabres can keep dev… these first picks like They did this season . Long time since playoff

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Passing on Kemell is disappointing.

If they view him as future 3C it seems like reaching to fill need. Wish he was bigger. Clearly they think he has 2C upside.

And clearly they love the player.

Wish he was bigger. He can get bigger.

If the thinking is pick a Center and pass on the winger in Kemell because we have a lot of wingers thats fine.

It just doesn't seem like a BPA pick to me. If Ostlund is a legit middle-6 center in 4 years than hats off to KA and the scouting department. Even if Kemell ends up as a 1st line winger, grabbing a legit middle-6 center at pick 16 is a solid pick.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
to small for a third line checking center..

I believe you might thinking of the 4th line?

I mean, I agree. But when you're a Mickey Mouse franchise that makes shit tier picks like this one I guess it doesn't really matter who you play at 3rd line center. It's gonna be hilarious watching Montreal and Chicago complete their rebuilds before us.

Bruh

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I've yet to read anyone who has been able to articulate what it is they don't like about this kid. I'm reading these glowing reviews of his game by people who then go on to say, like, "meh, 2nd rounder at best." It doesn't seem to make much sense.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20220707-221123_Instagram.jpg

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
I like the prospect but generally disappointed in taking him over some of the other guys available. Kemell, Ohgren, Yurov all would have made me super happy.

That being said, he's a great prospect! Fantastic skating, particularly his edges and agility. Speed is decent but he's not a burner.

Reactions: Tachycineta

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I've yet to read anyone who has been able to articulate what it is they don't like about this kid. I'm reading these glowing reviews of his game by people who then go on to say, like, "meh, 2nd rounder at best." It doesn't seem to make much sense.

"I wanted X instead of this guy"
"He's too small, he's never ever ever going to grow"
"KA doesn't know what he's doing, so therefore I hate this pick"

Reactions: dasaybz and Dingo44

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Aho's numbers D-1 and D were a significant step better than Ostlund's are. I don't hate the pick per say, but I'm not loving the strategy of being this overweight (pun intended) small Swedish forwards in the 1st round.

Small players can absolutely succeed in the NHL, but it's very difficult to make a successful team with more than a few of them.

EDIT: I wanted them to trade down from 16.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004

For me, he reminds me of Tyler Ennis alot. He has great skills but gets knocked / pushed around alot.

yasky

Nov 29, 2021
Long term thinking here: Needs to fill out but really high hockey IQ. Guessing they got wind that someone else really liked him and here we are.loads of prospects coming up so makes sense to grab someone they can be patient with.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like the prospect but generally disappointed in taking him over some of the other guys available. Kemell, Ohgren, Yurov all would have made me super happy.

That being said, he's a great prospect! Fantastic skating, particularly his edges and agility. Speed is decent but he's not a burner.

Of the two, I preferred Ohgren more but I get the idea they are trying here.

Granted, they will likely have to walk the ring into Mordor since they have so many smallish/light scoring line type guys.

• Haha
Reactions: Irie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad