C Mikhail Abramov (2019, 115th, TOR; traded to STL)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
pretty excited about this kid...#'s dont stand out but when you look at the team he played on its shocking the kind of production he managed

Abramov: 35g/76pts
#2 scorer: 19g/41pts

Robertson in the 2nd, Abramov and Abruzze (44pts in 31 games as an NCAA freshman) in the 4th...Dubas nailed the 2019 draft imho

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Trending really well since his draft. Hope he keeps it up.

He lead his team in points by a wide margin last year - hopefully he gets some more help this year.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Trending really well since his draft. Hope he keeps it up.

He lead his team in points by a wide margin last year - hopefully he gets some more help this year.
Haven't you heard? Russians who leave for the CHL are instant busts.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Haven't you heard? Tearing up minor leagues is not a big deal. Ask Yakupov.

Show me the last Russian player to outscore 2nd on their team by 35 or more points in their D+0 (or earlier) season. His season last year was impressive as hell. This season is looking (covid-permitting) even better.

Russian captain of a junior team? Probably [should be] the 1C on the WJC team? Yeah, just because it doesn't work for everyone doesn't mean it doesn't work. He'll be in the AHL next season getting significant minutes if he continues playing like he arguably should have been a 1st round pick in 2018.

Reactions: Saint Blue

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Abramov is a fascinating prospect. He can do a bit of everything at a high level other than shooting a puck. The fact that he produced positive goals-for rate while being the opposition's focus every night on a flawed Victoriaville team is a testament to his potential.

What I find interesting is that he's actually grown since his draft year. He's 6'1 now. Not sure about his weight, but he's definitely growing. He looks bigger now, but it doesn't seem to have impeded his skating at all. It will be interesting to see if he can improve that shot of his because it's probably the only real weakness he has.

I'm extremely bullish on him. I'm thinking it'll be a few years, but if he continues progressing well, we might see him in a couple of years. Problem is, I'm not sure we need another play-making winger. At the very least, his growth suggest he'll be a major asset to the Leafs soon.

Last edited:

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Abramov is a fascinating prospect. He can do a bit of everything at a high level other than shooting a puck. The fact that he produced positive goals-for rate while being the opposition's focus every night on a flawed Victoriaville team is a testament to his potential.

I'm extremely bullish on him. I'm thinking it'll be a couple of years, but if he continues progressing well, we might see him in a couple of years. Problem is, I'm not sure we need another play-making winger. At the very least, his growth suggest he'll be a major asset to the Leafs soon.
Surprised that you don't think he can also score goals at the next level... I feel he has more in his tool-bag than just a play-maker.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Surprised that you don't think he can also score goals at the next level... I feel he has more in his tool-bag than just a play-maker.

I don’t see a 30 goal scorer if that’s what you mean. I see a 15-20 goal scorer with 30-40 assists a season. That’s a very good second line player. The main drawback I see for him is that despite being a high level junior player, I’m not seeing a major elite offensive skill; but everything is very good. Maybe I’m underselling him, as you probably watch him more, but perhaps he just needs to get stronger to take advantage of the skill set he has.

I do think he’ll end up being more of a defensive anchor on an offensive third or second line down the road if he hits the milestones he’s supposed to hit.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Future Amirov, Abramov and Mikheyev line has me excited.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Abramov - Amirov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad