C/LW Zemgus Girgensons (2012, 14th overall, Buffalo)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
First playoff game for Zemgus in the books, 2+1+broken jaw.

Yeti

HFBoards Partner
Feb 19, 2005
www.lincolnstarsblog.com
Actually no, although his face is holding together with some metal wiring, he is going to miss one or two games. He will likely wear a full cage helmet for the rest of the season.

Sure about that?

http://www.thonline.com/sports/local_sports/article_aeb993c8-8a2d-11e1-b552-0019bb30f31a.html

Dubuque Fighting Saints captain Zemgus Girgensons will miss the remainder of the USHL Clark Cup playoffs after breaking his jaw Tuesday night against the Team USA National Team Development Program's U17 squad.

Girgensons suffered the injury early in the first period while delivering a hit on Team USA's John Hayden. There was no penalty called on the play, and Girgensons skated gingerly to the bench.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Actually no, although his face is holding together with some metal wiring, he is going to miss one or two games. He will likely wear a full cage helmet for the rest of the season.

Didn't his team tweet that he was done for the playoffs?...

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Here's the tweet:

DBQ Fighting Saints ‏ @Fighting_Saints
Zemgus Girgensons will miss the remainder of the Clark Cup Playoffs with a fractured jaw

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
It's not like I pulled this out of the blue air, I wrote here what his father said to one our most reputable newspapers. Though the extent of injury could be more severe after more thorough inspection which could of come after father gave that interview.

OutdoorJoe

Apr 15, 2012
I was at this game.. after the hit it was obvious he was in some serious pain.. he slowly staggered back to the bench, he missed a few shifts and came back out with a full cage. I didnt see the hit so thought maybe he had just got caught with a high stick. He played the remainder of the period (got an assist). Then never returned for the 3rd. He sat with a teammate in the stands close to us for a little bit in the 3rd and clearly was hurting.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
It's not like I pulled this out of the blue air, I wrote here what his father said to one our most reputable newspapers. Though the extent of injury could be more severe after more thorough inspection which could of come after father gave that interview.

Well most teams are pretty cautious with releasing injury information, especially in the playoffs. I doubt he would come back after the team itself said he was done for the year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Zemgus Girgensons

Were do you think he will go in this draft?

It appears the Hawks have alot of interest in him ,, If he is gonna not be available at #18 I would imagine they might trade up for the kid

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

After #8 it's open season. Girgensons could go anywhere from 12-25 in my book.

In my final mock I had him going to Buffalo at #12 but had him ranked at #19

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
i think many of my fellow Stars fans would be surprised if he is available to Dallas at 13 and they dont take him. It would likely mean someone else highly ranked fell because Girgensons seems like exactly what Dallas is looking for.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
After #8 it's open season. Girgensons could go anywhere from 12-25 in my book.

In my final mock I had him going to Buffalo at #12 but had him ranked at #19

I see a clear top 13 picks actually. After that its open season.

Nail Yakupov
Alex Galchenyuk
Ryan Murray
Mikhail Grigorenko
Filip Forsberg
Mathew Dumba
Griffin Reinhart
Teuvo Teravainen
Morgan Rielly
Jacob Trouba
Radek Faksa
Cody Ceci
Olli Maatta

I expect all these to go top 13, after that anything goes IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad