C/LW Zemgus Girgensons (2012, 14th overall, Buffalo)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Slavic? Two syllables? Given?

Zemgus is not Slavic

It`s Latvian. Maybe you can put that under ''Balto-Slavic'' but personally i don`t like that designation
As a Latvian, i think that ''Zemgus'' is as ''Latvian'' name as they get

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
He spoke post-game about it being a matter of believing he can do things like that. He really does have better skill than he often shows. I think he's so geared towards being a tenacious player that maybe he lets that overshadow his creativity at times.

If he plays most of next season with guys like Hodgson and Stewart then I think he'll really start to show the kind of offensive upside he has, which imo can reasonably be seen as a solid 50 pts.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
With Ehrhoff out, Zemgus has been named an alternate captain for the season finale this afternoon. A sign of things to come, perhaps.

I'm pretty sure Nolan alluded to Z getting the C when he was asked the question about future candidates. All he said was the guy he sees getting it might be too young now and he didn't want to put that on his plate yet.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Buffalo is awful so take this with a grain of salt, but he was legit the best player most nights on the Sabres, in terms of bringing it consistently.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah, Girgs is a monster. How he battles on the boards, crazy.

I was surprised he has only one point now at WCH. I knew he wasn't our point leader, but I thought he had one or two assist (been screening goalies for at least two of our goals).

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
kid is

a ryan o 'reilly clone. the Latvian version. i would love for the rangers or kings to somehow pry him out of buffalo. i think he will really thrive under nolan as well. great mentor for him. really excited to see him grow and take the next step. what a player. congrats sabres

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
One of my favourite prospects, and I say that as a fan of a divisional rival. Really came on for the Sabres as the season went on, hope he can keep that trend going. Personally, I think he can be a 55-60 point 2 way centre. All the luck Zemgus!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Really like him. I remember talking about him with a buddy in the pre-season when I didn't know too much about him (my buddy said he's a stud). Now I've watched him more, and wow. Love this kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad