C/LW Victor Ejdsell - BIK Karlskoga, Allsvenskan (2013 undrafted)

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I don't know how telling this will be, but Victor has a DRW logo on his personal Facebook page. (Calm down: he didn't just put it there. It's been there.)

I guess he must like the Wings. I also think we were the first ones to start scouting him. Those are probably the only reasons we're in his final three. Hopefully he comes to Detroit. We need as much talent as we can get our hands on. I'd promise him a spot if I was Kenny. That being said if I were Ejdsell I'd look at how Nashville is doing in these playoffs and sign there. They love their big forwards.

I thought he was supposed to sign by yesterday. I guess we're going to have to wait now. Oh well.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I guess he must like the Wings. I also think we were the first ones to start scouting him. Those are probably the only reasons we're in his final three. Hopefully he comes to Detroit. We need as much talent as we can get our hands on. I'd promise him a spot if I was Kenny. That being said if I were Ejdsell I'd look at how Nashville is doing in these playoffs and sign there. They love their big forwards.

I thought he was supposed to sign by yesterday. I guess we're going to have to wait now. Oh well.
I'm with you. I know we're both Wings fans, but I don't feel like Detroit has the inside edge on this one, either.

That said, he might look at the Wings' depth chart and say: They're stacked on the wing, but barren at center. and I'm a center. So I could sign with my favorite team, probably get a roster spot soon, and I'd have some really good wingers when I got there.

I could see that as being appealing. I'm sure a guy like him is looking more at depth charts and competition for icetime than cup chances or anything like that. You want to be on a good team, but you want a place where you give yourself a good shot at sticking in the NHL.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think he was going to go Detroit and thought the decision would be relatively easy but Nashville had made it difficult for him. I think he ends up in Nashville.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Figured he'd end up going with Nashville as they have a lot of Swedes around his age.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Figured he'd end up going with Nashville as they have a lot of Swedes around his age.

When he visited Nashville he hung out with and roomed with our Swedish players all weekend. We felt pretty confident that he would sign with the Preds after that trip.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
^solid playoff run, offensive system, good structure and a loud bldg+city also helps.

And also a need for a player with size down the middle (if he can stick at C in the NHL) especially when Fisher hangs up his skates. NSH is way too small behind Johansen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad