C/LW Victor Ejdsell - BIK Karlskoga, Allsvenskan (2013 undrafted)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Thought it was about time to make a thread for this kid.

Really rare skill-set+frame and now has:

17g, 24a, 41p, +10 in 36 games played.

Playing centre at the moment, but also plays both wings. Not great on the draw though.

He is pretty awesome. Been watching him a few months (well, like 5-6 games in that time!) and he is pretty rare mix of talent. He is a biiiig kid, ~6'5 now and ~220lbs.

Only 21, June 95 born. Leading Allsvenskan in scoring.

Just watch this. He is #9. Shows just what he can do.

https://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/play#video=qjkz7

His skating is clunky at times but he is not slow at all and has solid edge-work. Works hard, has a good stick defensively, is physical and can dish the puck, very nice hands and a solid wrister too.

He is very good at running a PP too, for such a big guy it is weird that he plays right half boards and dishes puck from there... but he has such nice hands and passing it makes sense at that level. Higher level he probably moves net-front.

Has always had talent, played for Sweden u19's, made SHL debut ~2 years ago.

Flashed when I watched a few games of him at Timrå last year too.

Took a weird path... may have had a shot at being drafted late if he had been in a 'normal' progression route... but instead of top tier J18 was playing 4th and 5th tier mens hockey at ages 15-17! Like, no actual decent prospects do that! Not since the 80's anyway!

I mean, I imagine most likely he gets signed to SHL next year... and then if he puts up ~30pts+ NHL teams start really looking... but Flyers signed Raffl from the Allsvenskan, and the Rags signed Malte Strömwall last summer.

Someone might see if he wants to play AHL next year and from that evaluate if he could play NHL down line.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Interesting player.

I know the name some what from tracking J.E.E and Asplund a few season ago. NHL teams fall all over themselves trying to find players of that size who also have talent - if he keeps it up, I don't think he'll be short of offers.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He was interviewed last week (http://www.vf.se/ishockey/poangkungen-blickar-mot-shl/) about his future and he basically said:

'I'm going to play SHL next season. I'm waiting to see how BIK do for rest of season, and if they can get promoted... if they do may stay, if not will likely go to Färjestad.'

But that he was keeping options open and wanted role that was best for development.

Also mentioned that it is his dream to cross the Atlantic...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
51pts on the season now with 46 games played.

Most points in Allsvenskan history for a player his age or younger, still five games left in the season too.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He made Team Sweden. He will play the exhibition games against Hungary and Austria. 21 year old playing in Allsvenskan (SHL-2) and making Team Sweden never happens. So this is big news.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
He made Team Sweden. He will play the exhibition games against Hungary and Austria. 21 year old playing in Allsvenskan (SHL-2) and making Team Sweden never happens. So this is big news.

Love this he was a man against boys in the serie against Rögle

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Mantha, Svechnikov, Ejdsell in your top 6 is a pretty big top 6

Yeah they would be very difficult to play against. Add in the speed of Athanasiou and Larkin and our offense is looking much better all of a sudden. Still we need some high IQ centers to help run all of these wingers we're collecting. Ejdsell seems more like a winger in those highlights but I don't really know enough about him to know if he could end up a center in the NHL. He certainly has size and hands. He'd be a great addition regardless and hopefully he would allow us to move a winger or two for picks/prospects/defense.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Don't know if things have changed but I read earlier in the year that he could be loaned to the SHL in the first year if he signed an NHL deal. He's signed with HV71 of the SHL but an NHL contract can be signed until June 15th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad