C/LW Lias Andersson (2017, 7th, NYR, traded to LAK)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He is much worse than bad. NYR have one of the worse PK in the league yet DeAngelo hasn't even played a second on the PK that should tell you everything.

As I said, you’ve exhibited a lot of ignorance. Why don’t you stop trying to sell us OEL? You don’t want our players and we don’t want him. I don’t see the issue here.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Ignorant opinion. DeAngelo isn't bad defensively.

People always assume when a D-man is good offensively, he's automatically bad defensively. DeAngelo may not be an elite shutdown defenseman, but he is a net positive.

To quote footballing legend Johan Cruijff "When you have the ball (puck), the other team can't score"

DeAngelo is a good possession player, and good enough in his own zone

Reactions: AB13

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
People always assume when a D-man is good offensively, he's automatically bad defensively. DeAngelo may not be an elite shutdown defenseman, but he is a net positive.

To quote footballing legend Johan Cruijff "When you have the ball (puck), the other team can't score"

DeAngelo is a good possession player, and good enough in his own zone

How on earth can you compare soccer to hockey first of all. In soccer a team can finish the game with 80% possession its two absolutely different game. 2nd of all its Johan Cruyff you misspelled his name. 3rd of all its not assuming if its true aka Fox I said he was great offensively and good defensively so your argument is worthless in this case but nice try.

Reactions: Dave Karp

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
How on earth can you compare soccer to hockey first of all. In soccer a team can finish the game with 80% possession its two absolutely different game. 2nd of all its Johan Cruyff you misspelled his name. 3rd of all its not assuming if its true aka Fox I said he was great offensively and good defensively so your argument is worthless in this case but nice try.

So you are saying that puck possession doesn't matter? It certainly matters in this case. Possession players (especially defensemen) have the puck more, and if you have the puck more, it means you are in control. Some things transcend individual sports and actually apply to others as well.

And just for the record: Cruijff is the correct spelling. I would know, since I am from the Netherlands. It's not Cruyff. Unless of course you think he would misspell his own name on his autobriography. I never understood why in the English language they changed the spelling to Cruyff, but then again, I don't understand why they changed Bødker to Boedker.

30fced08-472e-46ce-87c7-aaa3e88c73e4.jpg

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Just noticed this : in his last 125 pro games (SHL,NHL,AHL), he is -69.

Did some digging : 48 points in those games and from those 48 points
41 came from even number goals, so that = +41
(41 points where from he got a + marker, includes 3 sh points)

So, in his last pro 125 games, Lias been on ice 110 times when opponent has scored a goal.
That's not just bad luck anymore and bad line mates, say what you want about +/- but...
when you are on the ice that many times when you get scored upon, you are not very good defensively.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
A change of scenery could be exactly what he needs. There's a lot of centres in that prospect pool though, so it's gonna be tough to make the Kings—any chance he could be a winger?

Reactions: King'sPawn

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
He’s recently got suspended and it was revealed that he makes almost $400k per season in the SHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad