C/LW Lias Andersson (2017, 7th, NYR, traded to LAK)

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
What happened is that the NYR don't know what Lias Andersson is. They didn't know how to handle him.

They bring him in the NHL and put him on the 4th line, then labeling him as a grinder and PK player.

Problem is, he's not a grinder. And way too young to start that role.

He's been doing good in the AHL when playing the 1st line and the big minutes.

Trust is so important for young player and players in general.

You bring him in the show expecting him to do good, while the guy is a 7th OV pick expecting to play at least top 9 with PP and PK time.

He goes to the SHL and get trust from the coaches while playing a lot. Result? Production and confidence.

NYR is the problem. Not him. This kid is a true professionnal and just want to help a hockey team win.

You don't cry and toss a medal for fun while being the captain of your country.

He will find a way back to the NHL. I hope not with the Rangers. They don't deserve him.

NYI or CLB would love that type of player. Even PHI.

Someone missed the WJC game...

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
If he gets traded, what are the Rangers looking for in return?
Difficult to say.

He still has a hell of a lot of talent. He obviously had some serious issues this year and he now appears to be in a much better place thankfully.

I hope he doesnt get traded and comes back in the summer camp refreshed and ready to work to make the team.

If he does get traded, I would say it would be for a young forward with top 6 potential. Similar ceiling to what Andersson has if he can adapt to the NHL.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Difficult to say.

He still has a hell of a lot of talent. He obviously had some serious issues this year and he now appears to be in a much better place thankfully.

I hope he doesnt get traded and comes back in the summer camp refreshed and ready to work to make the team.

If he does get traded, I would say it would be for a young forward with top 6 potential. Similar ceiling to what Andersson has if he can adapt to the NHL.

I don’t think anyone sees Andersson having Top 6 potential. A solid bottom 6er is an optimistic and realistic return.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Lindgren+Andersson+pick for OEL? Dump Smith on us with a little retention and make it a pretty decent pick?

Replace Lindgren w/ Smith or Staal and make the pick a 3rd/4th and the Rangers consider it. But they already have 2 significantly better offensive Dmen than OEL, at least one of whom is also better defensively. Both of them are also significantly cheaper

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
I take Fox and DeAngelo over him in a heartbeat, especially at that contract

Im not taking into consideration age or contract just who is better. DeAngelo over OEL?? DeAngelo couldn't defend against a toddler with a cucumber as a hockey stick. Fox is great tho I can see him becoming a top pairing D. DeAngelo on the other hand not a chance.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Replace Lindgren w/ Smith or Staal and make the pick a 3rd/4th and the Rangers consider it. But they already have 2 significantly better offensive Dmen than OEL, at least one of whom is also better defensively. Both of them are also significantly cheaper

Who do you think is better defensively than OEL?? Trouba??

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Im not taking into consideration age or contract just who is better. DeAngelo over OEL?? DeAngelo couldn't defend against a toddler with a cucumber as a hockey stick. Fox is great tho I can see him becoming a top pairing D. DeAngelo on the other hand not a chance.

Analytics-wise they're similar, with DeAngelo having much better Rels while playing with a far worse partner. Offense-wise, DeAngelo blew OEL out of the park, tying for 4th in Dman scoring while OEL was 50th league-wide. Age and contract again, massive advantage over OEL.

So yeah, DeAngelo's better and still improving, and I take him every time over OEL

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Analytics-wise they're similar, with DeAngelo having much better Rels while playing with a far worse partner. Offense-wise, DeAngelo blew OEL out of the park, tying for 4th in Dman scoring while OEL was 50th league-wide. Age and contract again, massive advantage over OEL.

So yeah, DeAngelo's better and still improving, and I take him every time over OEL

So all you talk about is the flaws of OEL and the best assets of Deangelo?? NYR have an offensively minded team and Deangelo starts 62% of his shifts in the offensive zone. DeAngelo has a far worse partner??? lol. OEL has played 80% of his games paired with Ilya lyubushkin I bet you never heard of that guy. OEL plays against the oppositions best line. I would love to see Deangelo kill penalties, start 52% of his shifts in the defensive zone and play against the oppositions best lines and play for a bad Arizona Coyotes team.

Erik Gustafsson had a 60 point season and got traded for 2 3rd. Why because if he were to play top line minutes and kill pens and all he would never have had more than 15 points. Same goes for Deangelo. Ofc DeAngelo is much better than Gustafsson but put him in OEL's spot and the guy would prob have around 25 points while being 1000 times worse defensively. Are you gonna tell me that DeAngelo is better than Slavin, Lindholm, Ryan Suter, Josh Morrisey , Klefbom ect because of points?? If you do think so then idk what to say.

Reactions: felixpettersson

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Ignorant opinion. DeAngelo isn't bad defensively.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
he may become better but atm he isnt.

He is much worse than bad. NYR have one of the worse PK in the league yet DeAngelo hasn't even played a second on the PK that should tell you everything.

And perhaps if Quinn bothered to play him there rather than force-feeding PK minutes to Marc Staal & Brendan Smith, it'd be better. But he prefers playing borderline NHLers there.

As for Fox, what measure would you prefer OEL to lose in comparison? Goals against? Goals Against per 60? Shots Against? Shots Against per 60? CA? CA/60? FA? FA/60? xGA? HDCA? Takeaways?

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
And perhaps if Quinn bothered to play him there rather than force-feeding PK minutes to Marc Staal & Brendan Smith, it'd be better. But he prefers playing borderline NHLers there.

As for Fox, what measure would you prefer OEL to lose in comparison? Goals against? Goals Against per 60? Shots Against? Shots Against per 60? CA? CA/60? FA? FA/60? xGA? HDCA? Takeaways?

There is a reason why Quinn doesn't play DeAngelo on the pk and there is a reason why DeAngelo will never play pk not matter on hat team he plays.

Stats don't tell you everything. Like in DeAngelo's case stats comparison would be fair if Adam Fox were to play top pairing minutes. Against the opposition's best lines.

Would you say Fox is better than weber defensively?? Because fox has better stats than Weber bot offensively and defensively does that make him both offensively and defensively better than weber?? It is almost impossible to compare 2 players just stats wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad