C Logan Morrison - Ottawa 67's, OHL (2020 undrafted; signed by SEA)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
These types of players pan out all the time.

Even going back to just the 2018 draft, all of Durzi, Fehervary and Perunivich were taken in the 2nd as 19 year olds are are all extremely strong picks as NHLers already.

Fagemo and Leason went in the 2nd in 2019 and look to be sure fire NHLers.

Sokolov in 2020 already playing games, along with Lohrie and Gonclaves looking like excellent 2nd round picks.

JJ Moser last year is already a top 4 D.

Not to mention all the guys taken as overagers who turned into too emd players like Hoffman, Palat, Batherson, Garland, etc. that teams would be estatic with in the 1st let alone the 2nd or 3rd.

I'll clarify my statement as I was pretty tired this morning and hadn't given it a ton of thought and Morrison doesn't fit the mold of Leason who I was most specifically referring to.

Guys who "break out" suddenly at 19 or 20 rarely go on to be productive NHLers, especially forwards, Dmen are a different class of player.

Morrison probably doesn't fit as there is a missing season for him.

I honestly don't know enough about Morrison but almost certainly the hype won't match the outcome.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I'll clarify my statement as I was pretty tired this morning and hadn't given it a ton of thought and Morrison doesn't fit the mold of Leason who I was most specifically referring to.

Guys who "break out" suddenly at 19 or 20 rarely go on to be productive NHLers, especially forwards, Dmen are a different class of player.

Morrison probably doesn't fit as there is a missing season for him.

I honestly don't know enough about Morrison but almost certainly the hype won't match the outcome.
I disagree with absolutely none of this. That said, after his season/playoffs, if you're Arizona you take him with one of your 4 2nds and hope for the best.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
In my opinion he is better than Tanner Pearson at the time he went in the first round as a double overager.
It is possible he sees some games next season and in my opinion will be a full time NHLer in 2023.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
So is his skating absolutely terrible for him to go undrafted or does he have some other weaknesses?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So is his skating absolutely terrible for him to go undrafted or does he have some other weaknesses?

His skating isn't that great but that's no reason to not take him with a late pick at least. His IQ, passing, and shot are all great

Believe he's responsible in his own end too although I mainly focused on his offensive game

Reactions: barriers

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
Very surpised he wasn't taken. When you get to the 6th or 7th round and you start seeing some of the names you have to wonder why Morrison isn't worth a flier on.

Reactions: B17 Apricots

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Is it possible a team that wants him is just waiting for him to became a Free Agent so they can get him without using a draft pick ?

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Is it possible a team that wants him is just waiting for him to became a Free Agent so they can get him without using a draft pick ?
I'm sure it is, although if you consider the fact an interested GM would likely consider other GMs might be thinking the same thing... then they must not have wanted him that bad if they're willing to risk it.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I’ll preface this with a) last night have been the best regular season game of his career, and b) it was against a weak team… but this guy is a player.

I can’t see him being anything less than a top line scorer in the AHL within a couple of years. Why wouldn’t a team roll the dice on that? He’s ‘only’ 6’0 and I don’t see NHL foot speed but let’s be honest, he gets to where he needs to be and being the smartest guy on the ice gives him a head start finding space. He’s got elite hands. Makes no sense that he’s a UFA right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad