C Logan Morrison - Ottawa 67's, OHL (2020 undrafted; signed by SEA)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
His production seems to have dried completely out with Kaliyev and Jenik away. 1pt in 5gp when both were out. That’s a little worrisome, but his being 17 until July 9th helps ease that a bit. Very young for his draft year.

Reactions: Dominance

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Overaged kid who is having a BIG year.

1 goal in win vs Ottawa...

GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
3 assists vs Oshawa...

GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This guy is very interesting.

As you can see here his PNHLe ranks similarly to guys like Reichel, Guenther and Bourque.

For those that don’t know - PNHLe measures NHL point potential based on historical age-, league- and position-adjusted values.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So where does he go? 3rd, 4th round? Usually don't see older players going early.
Passed over players are often picked in the 2nd round every year, sometimes even in the 1st. Pearson, bjorgstrom, chinahkov are all recent 1st rounders off the top of my head that were not in their first eligible draft year.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Passed over players are often picked in the 2nd round every year, sometimes even in the 1st. Pearson, bjorgstrom, chinahkov are all recent 1st rounders off the top of my head that were not in their first eligible draft year.
Yep. Washington did that too taking Brett Leason round 2 in 2019. He had 89 points in 55 games that year as 19/20 year old.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I can see the Kraken reaching for him with our own 2nd round pick. Or with one of the other 3 2nd round picks we have if not that. They did reach with Ryker Evans last season and I am pretty sure they have been scouting Hamilton this season since we have Winterton playing there already.

Reactions: barriers

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Is the 2022 draft still considered weak?

$0.02 = He's out scoring the majority of his peers, produces on the PP, has a solid defensive game, seems to be improving at faceoffs (2022 = +50%), he isn't considered "small", his teammates seem to like him (based on a few interviews I've seen) ... and considering the impact Covid-19 had on the 2021 OHL "season", I'd think teams would view this as a rare opportunity to snag what appears to be a very good player that wasn't drafted due to a lost season - nothing to do with lack of development/production, injuries, charachter issues, etc.

With this in mind I have to think he's not making it past the 2nd round. And if it is a weak class, I wouldn't be surprised if he was grabbed in the last half of the 1st.

EDIT: didn't realize he was first eligible for the 2020 draft... whoops. Yeah, no idea if that will change things :/

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Is the 2022 draft still considered weak?

$0.02 = He's out scoring the majority of his peers, produces on the PP, has a solid defensive game, seems to be improving at faceoffs (2022 = +50%), he isn't considered "small", his teammates seem to like him (based on a few interviews I've seen) ... and considering the impact Covid-19 had on the 2021 OHL "season", I'd think teams would view this as a rare opportunity to snag what appears to be a very good player that wasn't drafted due to a lost season - nothing to do with lack of development/production, injuries, charachter issues, etc.

With this in mind I have to think he's not making it past the 2nd round. And if it is a weak class, I wouldn't be surprised if he was grabbed in the last half of the 1st.

EDIT: didn't realize he was first eligible for the 2020 draft... whoops. Yeah, no idea if that will change things :/
The way I look at it, if I were to use a 2nd round pick on a prospect and in their D+2 they put up the numbers Morrison has, would I be happy? Yes I definitely would be happy.

Reactions: Parliament

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2