C Leo Carlsson (2023, 2nd, ANA)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Up to 13 points in 6 games now in J20, and gotten 2 cups of coffee in the SHL(along with one bench riding experience).

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Örebro has really improved on the junior side. Big fan of the way their teams play. I think a handful of guys in their organization will be drafted over the next couple of years. They actually have another promising forward named Carlsson in the same draft (05 birthday).

Last edited:
Reactions: theslatcher

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
His line had a great forechecking shift which led to him feeding Emil Larsson for the wide open net to get the apple. Now up to 2+2 in soon to be 11gp for this season(technically 12gp, but he played 0:00 one game).

Been promoted to Örebro's top-9 and gotten more ice time as a result. Still waiting to get some PP time.

Edit: the assist:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
2 weeks younger, than Michkov, has the same PPG in Swedish U20 league as Matvei in the MHL. Not bad.

Not bad? This guy is being criminally underrated. Michkov is looking like a very special talent and will most likely go number 1; but Leo is making a case for top-3 in my books. He is handling himself very well in the SHL. Very good sign.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I am probably missing something, but in the games I’ve seen of him I don’t see much at this point that looks like that of a very high pick. Big and skates pretty well with some puck skills. Looks pretty raw.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I am probably missing something, but in the games I’ve seen of him I don’t see much at this point that looks like that of a very high pick. Big and skates pretty well with some puck skills. Looks pretty raw.
Which games have you seen?

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Have you been watching SHL, because yes you could say he plays conservatively as a 16 year old.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have you been watching SHL, because yes you could say he plays conservatively as a 16 year old.

I’ve only seen him play for Sweden so far. I agree that you have to assess differently for draft-eligibles or D-2 in a high tier men’s league. It’s hard to have success at his age and he’s done well. What I’ve seen is not as great, but I may be missing something.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
For reference, only 10 D-2 players have scored more points than him in the SHL(Leo is still without PP time, for some reason), in order:

Adam Larsson
Daniel Sedin
Isac Lundeström
Anders Eldebrink
Oliver Kylington
Joakim Lindström
Carl Grundström
Noel Gunler
Timothy Liljegren
Henrik Sedin

If he scores one more point, he will match the bottom 5 players. Two more, he matches the next 3. 9 more for Daniel(he's on pace to tie Daniel), 13 more to tie Larsson.

Edit: my stats messed up, fixing... Fixed.

Last edited:

Henti1820

Nov 30, 2021
Isn‘t Dvorsky one of the best in this Draftclass?
I mean Dvorsky is playing Allsvenskan while Carlsson is playing SHL!

So that looks pretty amazing for Carlsson!

will be intresting if he will play a bigger role next year!?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
The top 10 for next season looks like it will be a really strong group overall and right now it's looking like Carlsson might be part of it. Leo Carlsson looks like he mighthave EP40 type upside. Against juniors he's doing whatever he wants. And even in a 4th line role a a 16 year old he doesn't look out of place against adults.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Isn‘t Dvorsky one of the best in this Draftclass?
I mean Dvorsky is playing Allsvenskan while Carlsson is playing SHL!

So that looks pretty amazing for Carlsson!

will be intresting if he will play a bigger role next year!?

Carlsson is a good prospect but I wouldn't project him to be a top 10 pick. Not even sure he’ll be the highest picked player named Carlsson from his team.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

His linesmates has kind of let him down when I've watched, but you'd be hard pressed to not bury his apple from today's game. Real nice work from Leo.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->