C Kirby Dach (2019, 3rd, CHI)

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
What's really noticeable about his point production is what he is doing relative to his teammates on the roster.
I remember reading about Pettersson last year having his insane scoring in the SHL, and I was thinking well 'who are his teammates', and no one from his team was close to him in scoring, so he wasn't being carried. Pettersson was 1st than the next closest was 12th in league scoring.
Also reminds me of Seguin in his draft year where he put 100+ points and the nest closest teammate had 60.

Seeing Dach as 4th in WHL scoring and his next closest teammate is 28th in league scoring really makes you realize who is driving that team.

Last edited:

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
I don't think you understand what a "franchise talent" is. We can't have a franchise talent every year mate...
2013: MacKinnon
2014: None
2015: McDavid, Eichel
2016: Matthews, Laine (potentially)
2017: Pettersson (potentially)
2018: Dahlin (potentially)

I beg to differ

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I don't see him as a 2-way forward.
Jumbo Joe for me (when ever he physically matures)

I don’t think we’ve been watching the same player. Dominant on the boards and in front of the net. Takes most of the faceoffs in his team’s zone for a reason. He’s better in the offensive zone for sure, but he’s the top defensive forward on his team.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I don’t think we’ve been watching the same player. Dominant on the boards and in front of the net. Takes most of the faceoffs in his team’s zone for a reason. He’s better in the offensive zone for sure, but he’s the top defensive forward on his team.

No that's Chase Wouters.

Dach is really good defensively but his biggest weakness at the moment are faceoffs, which isn't a real issue anyway.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Is he better than Nolan Patrick at the same age?
I don't think so. But, Patrick had multiple set-backs entering and in his 18 year old year. I'd expect if Dach maintains this, he enters his draft with more value. But, at 17 Patrick was held in pretty high-regard, being a top player on the best team in the WHL and putting up huge numbers.

Reactions: Acadien86

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd take Dach over Patrick.. and I'd strongly consider him vs. Hischier as well. Hischier is definitely a safer player and already doing well in the NHL, but in terms of upside.. Dach is pretty high up there.

Reactions: sansabri

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
He’s ranked higher than cozens from what I see. What would you say separates the two?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad