C Kirby Dach (2019, 3rd, CHI)

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
His puck reception ease has really impressed me. Doesn't have bad puck protection either, looks like. He has already very good offensive positioning.

Biggest weakness is winning puck battles, but he's still so young and he'll get stronger.

Reactions: Dominance

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
FIRST NHL GOAL!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tumblr_pqf96q1vuo1xkok61o1_400.gifv

tumblr_ptgw1sDMwK1xkok61o1_400.jpg

tumblr_pyvcl1mmav1xkok61o1_540.jpg

Thank you Red Dog God, thank you for the blessing known as Kirby Dach!!!

Last edited:

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
His puck reception ease has really impressed me. Doesn't have bad puck protection either, looks like. He has already very good offensive positioning.

Biggest weakness is winning puck battles, but he's still so young and he'll get stronger.
That's what struck me when I saw footage of him earlier. Plays a pro game.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I thought he looked good tonight. A little fish out of water moments, but he's not bad. I think he'll get a few more games here and then be sent down.

Really proud of him. First of many goals.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

A good rush from Dach, but of course Hawks didn't even get a shot on net here because they decided they wanted to try passing the puck into the net in the 2nd period last night. Still, nice rush from the kid. Does not look like he's 18yo and playing just his 3rd game.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

A good rush from Dach, but of course Hawks didn't even get a shot on net here because they decided they wanted to try passing the puck into the net in the 2nd period last night. Still, nice rush from the kid. Does not look like he's 18yo and playing just his 3rd game.

Atta boy.

Hawks fans are going to love this kid. Tough Western Canadian boy.

I hope he flat our dominates outside of playing the Oilers.

Right shot, 6’4, elite shot and passing ability, elevates his game when it gets nastier, and high IQ at both ends of the ice.

He’s like a Toews intangibles but far higher ceiling in terms of offensive skill and IQ.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I think any of the top 5 2019 drafted players has the potential to be the best player from the draft.
Yeah, but it seems the general consensus is that it's a two horse race to be the best player from this draft,Kakko or Hughes.

We both clearly see it differently.

Reactions: 42

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Atta boy.

Hawks fans are going to love this kid. Tough Western Canadian boy.

I hope he flat our dominates outside of playing the Oilers.

Right shot, 6’4, elite shot and passing ability, elevates his game when it gets nastier, and high IQ at both ends of the ice.

He’s like a Toews intangibles but far higher ceiling in terms of offensive skill and IQ.
Tough is nice, skill is even nicer so it is great to see a Western Canadian forward have a high level of it to back up whatever toughness he may have as Canada's high end skill forwards don't typically come from the west, or at least not from the prairies anyway. Maybe he can be the start of a new trend out there.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, but it seems the general consensus is that it's a two horse race to be the best player from this draft,Kakko or Hughes.

We both clearly see it differently.
It always starts out as a two-horse race. But neither Hughes nor Kakko have shown enough to be looked at as clearly the best guys from their draft. It's not like with McDavid or Crosby or Ovechkin where they showed early on that they were head and shoulders better than everyone else.

Hughes and Kakko are the early favorites, but what Dach has done in his 3 NHL games and Turcotte has done in his short time in the NCAA should give people a little pause when declaring who might wind up the best. Byram could easily be the best of the bunch too, but he's off to a slightly slower start that the others this year.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
It always starts out as a two-horse race. But neither Hughes nor Kakko have shown enough to be looked at as clearly the best guys from their draft. It's not like with McDavid or Crosby or Ovechkin where they showed early on that they were head and shoulders better than everyone else.

Hughes and Kakko are the early favorites, but what Dach has done in his 3 NHL games and Turcotte has done in his short time in the NCAA should give people a little pause when declaring who might wind up the best. Byram could easily be the best of the bunch too, but he's off to a slightly slower start that the others this year.

Could also end up being some random from the later rounds like Kucherov or Stone or Benn, etc. Obviously not as likely but it’s just so early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad