C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Patrick Kane is a good comparable right? Though he's scored at similar rates to Eichel and Matthews he doesn't have the size they do.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Patrick Kane is a good comparable right? Though he's scored at similar rates to Eichel and Matthews he doesn't have the size they do.
He's not scored at similar rates to Eichel and Matthews, he's scored at a rate far beyond either's.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes, but he's not as big as those guys and isn't a big centre.

He also played on better teams than they did.

Hughes is very good, but he's not all that similar to Eichel or Matthews, except for scoring ability. He's way more comparable to Kane. He's probably a notch lower than Eichel and Matthews, closer to Svechnikov in ability. I don't know which of those two I'd prefer. Could be a good poll.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He also played on better teams than they did.

Hughes is very good, but he's not all that similar to Eichel or Matthews, except for scoring ability. He's way more comparable to Kane. He's probably a notch lower than Eichel and Matthews, closer to Svechnikov in ability. I don't know which of those two I'd prefer. Could be a good poll.
I don't agree. When all's said and done, I think he outdoes both Eichel and Matthews and people will look back and laugh at the notion of either of them being better than him.

Reactions: Jesse86436

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't agree. When all's said and done, I think he outdoes both Eichel and Matthews and people will look back and laugh at the notion of either of them being better than him.
he'd have to be McDavid level for people to laugh at Matthews/Eichel being better than him tbh

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He reminds me a lot of Patrick Kane.

You keep waiting for someone to show up and bully him off the puck, but it never happens just like with Kane. They can't take it from him and after the first few minutes on ice with him guys actually just back away even more seemingly knowing that isn't going to be the answer. Kane pushes tempo and space in a way that almost makes no sense given his size and Hughes reminds me exactly of that.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
You keep waiting for someone to show up and bully him off the puck, but it never happens just like with Kane. They can't take it from him and after the first few minutes on ice with him guys actually just back away even more seemingly knowing that isn't going to be the answer. Kane pushes tempo and space in a way that almost makes no sense given his size and Hughes reminds me exactly of that.

Guys like Kane, Gaudreau, Barzal etc. are extremely elusive and simply don't get hit with any regularity. I see a lot of that in Hughes.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I've heard this opinion, but I asked for more specifics that people don't seem to want to give. I think I know why. I laid out the case why I think its unlikely. Do you think he's a 1.25 PPG player? If not, whats the reason you think he'll be better than Eichel and Matthews?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I've heard this opinion, but I asked for more specifics that people don't seem to want to give. I think I know why. I laid out the case why I think its unlikely. Do you think he's a 1.25 PPG player? If not, whats the reason you think he'll be better than Eichel and Matthews?

I think it's likely he's as productive if not more so points wise. He's that creative and skilled. The question is physical impact or lack thereof. He's just not going to compete with a mature Matthews or Eichel. Both of whom are already extremely difficult to handle.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
He's not scored at similar rates to Eichel and Matthews, he's scored at a rate far beyond either's.

Uhhh what?

Jack D-1:

2017-18
6.png
USNTDP Juniors
USHL 27213354
6.png
U.S. National U17 Team “C”
USDP 24133548
6.png
U.S. National U18 Team
USDP 36274168
31.png
USA U17 “C”
WHC-17 651015
31.png
USA U18
WJC-18 75712
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Auston D-1:

And I’m sure this is where you’ll bring up but but but ~8 months difference! Well I’ll see your 8 months and raise you 5 inches and 50 pounds.

Reactions: KWPower

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Uhhh what?

Jack D-1:

Auston D-1:

And I’m sure this is where you’ll bring up but but but ~8 months difference! Well I’ll see your 8 months and raise you 5 inches and 50 pounds.
He scored at a better rate in his u-17 season. If you go by birth year not draft year.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

Reporter: what about the thought of playing against your brother in the NHL someday

Jack Hughes :that would be cool but my preference is to play with him because hes soo good.

Playing in a big hockey market seems to be very important to the Hughes. I heard thus mentioned by Quinn , Jack and their dad today

Reactions: Love
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad