C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Had a goal and three assists in the exhibition blow out against France today. These exhibition games are typically included in NTDP season stats so he’s at 103 points for the season now.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Frannel

Dec 27, 2017
Berlin
His mom Ellen was a senior at UNH when I was a freshman...she taught a class called Theory of Coaching Hockey were all we pretty much did was play pick up:laugh:
Sorry, not a native speaker. What do you mean with "play pick up"?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yes, but he might already be too talented for the NCAA as it is.

I am guessing he goes the Auston Matthews route, but it would be sweet to have a top American prospect come out of college.
he isn't old enough to do that - needs to be OHL/NCAA/USNDP for him next year. Matthews had to wait as a late birthday to play in the Swiss league, I think he missed a few games until he was of age..Jack will not be in same situation as Auston was.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
he isn't old enough to do that - needs to be OHL/NCAA/USNDP for him next year. Matthews had to wait as a late birthday to play in the Swiss league, I think he missed a few games until he was of age..Jack will not be in same situation as Auston was.
Are there any Euro pro leagues he could play in? Idk if different leagues have different rules

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Good point, but not all leagues are like that. I could see him easily join the SHL which doesn't have an age restriction over the likes of NLA.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Good point, but not all leagues are like that. I could see him easily join the SHL which doesn't have an age restriction over the likes of NLA.
He is not going to play in Europe. Based on interviews, it's very likely that Hughes will either play for the University of Michigan or the NTDP next season.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
11 points back of Matthews single season points record. If they make it to the gold medal game that'd be 6 games left, definitely in reach.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He was everywhere today. He works well with Wahlstrom since Oliver just spends his time finding open ice and Jack works his butt off to get the puck and make plays.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Not taking anything away from Hughes, he is a great player but a very lazy play by #6 and #11 is not a defenceman

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
how does a coach let a player stay ALL of the 2 minutes PP on a 5-3 ?
eevryone is getting points like that

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
He is not going to play in Europe. Based on interviews, it's very likely that Hughes will either play for the University of Michigan or the NTDP next season.

He is returning next season to NTDP and then will most likely go straight to the league the following year.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
He is returning next season to NTDP and then will most likely go straight to the league the following year.
Has he announced anything? The last quote I saw was from his brother Quinn, who said Jack would make a decision once the season was over. I haven't seen much news the past two weeks, so I may have missed an announcement.

Frannel

Dec 27, 2017
Berlin
Has he announced anything? The last quote I saw was from his brother Quinn, who said Jack would make a decision once the season was over. I haven't seen much news the past two weeks, so I may have missed an announcement.
only subtext here:
"Hughes is undecided about where he will play after he is done with the National Team Development Program in 2019. "
Jack Hughes Is Just 16, but His Stock Is Rising Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad