C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019, 1st, NJD) Part 6

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Hughes is by far the most noticeable player on the Devils for sure. Absolutely buzzes around the ice. At this point, stat watching is just ignorance. I implore people doing that to take the time to watch him play. Constantly generating chances, splitting through defenseman, outstanding stickhandling ability. So fun to watch and has all the tools to be one of the very best in the league.

I would like to see him utilize his teammates a bit better. I think sometimes he tries to do it all himself. He certainly needs to add size as well but he is not a mature 18 year old like Ekblad by any means. He looks like a young kid (because he is)

I watched a period last night from the Devils, and Hughes was by far the most noticeable player for me, maybe i kept a closer eye on him than others, but man can that guy skate, smooth as butter. Reminds me of how i felt watching Miro Heiskanen the first times when he just skated effortllessly all over the place creating chances. This guy will become a superstar i have no doubt.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think this has been clear to anyone with eyes for a while, assuming they're unbiased. Now that Kakko, the pride of Finland, draft-year scorer against men, savior of the New York Rags, has broken into the NHL and looked like the worst 2OA pick in recent memory, it shoule be all the more clear even to the biased Finns.
Ha remember when you didnt do any research and posted this? You probably should have deleted it ;)

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Ha remember when you didnt do any research and posted this? You probably should have deleted it ;)

Are you actually trying to defend the guy with 5 ES points in 30 games? And the worst +/- on your team. Kakko has been an absolute embarrassment.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
While I’m way more concerned with Hughes’ production right now I have no idea why any Rags fans or finish people would be gloating right now.

First part of the season when Hughes has more points you didn’t hear a peep from them.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
These conversations about prospects and their development would be so much more interesting if they didn't deface themselves into a pissing match of team a vs team b or player a vs player b. Apparently why can't discuss the merits and development of the actual player anymore...

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
I thank God the Finnish zealots didn't infest the nyr board following kakko. That'd be a special kind of hell

It suggests to me that their interest is in hyping Finland, not evaluating prospects bc as soon as the players are drafted lower than 1 OA they are forgotten until they produce in the nhl...then it's a return to discussing how much better the Finnish player is than everyone else
Hehe, someone is butthurt that Finland is producing elite talent. Sweet

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
This kid is going to be amazing when he's older, I'd say even as soon as next season. Just look at Svechnikov now compared to last year. Not saying they are parallels but J. Hughes has a very similar skill set if not better, it just so happens he's 18 and inexperienced. Just watch he will break out as soon as next year.
EDIT: People have poor reading comprehension so let me rephrase this: Jack Hughes doesn't have the SIZE of Svechnikov, rather he has a similar SKILL set and trajectory. Hughes is on pace for 35~ points as an 18 year old, similar production from Svechnikov as an 18 year old. Now Svechnikov is a PPG player in his second year. They have similar skating and hands, and where Svech is better at shooting, Hughes is the better playmaker. Not really hard to figure out that I wasn't talking about how god damn big they are christ.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
This kid is going to be amazing when he's older, I'd say even as soon as next season. Just look at Svechnikov now compared to last year. Not saying they are parallels but J. Hughes has a very similar skill set if not better, it just so happens he's 18 and inexperienced. Just watch he will break out as soon as next year.

I don't see any similarities between these two players.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not a very good comparison considering one is almost 200 pounds.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad