C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019, 1st, NJD) Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m a Wings fan who literally could not care less about the NJD, and I agree with everyone else that your so called scouting report is ridiculous, and using a player not playing on the PK at 18 to detract him is a little crazy to say the least.

You cared enough to distort what I said. If you think that I said Hughes ability to play center is based on his ability to be a penalty killer in the NHL at 18, I don't know what you are reading. Hughes doesn't penalty kill in juniors either. This is against players his own age. In his own age group, his coaches didn't think he should be a penalty killer.

Go ahead and disagree with my opinion. It doesn't bother me. What I think you should at least acknowledge though is that you and some others are trying to use one or two areas that have been questioned of many and distort them to try to say all criticisms about his ability to play center aren't valid. This is exactly why I responded to this discussion to begin with. It was claimed that his height and ability to win face-offs were the main reasons people said he couldn't play center. There were over five things mentioned, yet people like you can misrepresent the criticisms and say its all about size, face-offs and penalty killing in the NHL as a rookie.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You cherry-picked anonymous quotes. If Bob McKenzie polled his list of scouts, reviewed the results, and selected which responses to include to fit his own view...then, yes, that would be a meaningless exercise. (Thankfully, Bob does not do this).
I literally picked every quote to do with his ability to play center at the NHL level from NHL scouts from the Black Book. That isn't cherry-picking. Including the one which thought he could be an excellent center. The only other one was one that said it was the tie-breaker between him and Kakko. Those are the only ones in Hughes section. There's another in Kakko's which says Hughes is a center, but Kakko isn't as shown by 5 nations. So, no they weren't cherry picked. They were what was available from the source I was looking at.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
I literally picked every quote to do with his ability to play center at the NHL level from NHL scouts from the Black Book. That isn't cherry-picking. Including the one which thought he could be an excellent center.
Quotes about his size (or 'ability to center') will mostly be negative. Because he is small.

We get it. He is a tiny, ankle-biting lilliputian!!

Now, post the quotes about his skating, speed, skill...so everyone can talk about those for a bit.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Some of these guys on here think they know alot about a hockey player because they have watched him 5 times in their lifetime and than proceed to tell us what their future will look like. As long as Hughes is decent deffensivley and decent in the faceoff dot he will be fine at center. Worst comes to worst Hughes plays on the wing for most of his career than it doesn't bother me one bit. I want him to play in the best situation where his offense can be maximized. That is going to be what he is top notch at , people are going to blow it out of proportion and call him a bust if winds up a LW even if he is putting up 100 point seasons not playing on the penalty kill or w.e else these losers can come up with to hate on him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I would love to know how many forwards in the NHL that are 20 years old or younger play significant PK minutes

let alone ones that just turned 18 like 2 months ago

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
No one takes you seriously because when you are clearly proven wrong, you try to shift the goal posts. Or better yet, just blindly ignore it.

Arguing against Hughes due to lack of PK time has to be one of the stupidest claims I've ever seen on this site. And this is coming from a Devs' fan that actually does have some concerns about his game.

He also actually thinks Buchnevitch will get 65+ points next season.. :huh:

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
This is the point when someone takes this website too seriously. There is no prize for being the most hate-filled on the internet.

Attacking strangers behind your computer screen instead of addressing their opinion is not the point of this website. I don’t even know why you are allowed to do this. You clearly are not here to discuss Hughes game. You didn’t address any of the criticisms of his game.
Lets be honest... neither are you

Reactions: Ronnie Bass
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad