C.Hart for 6ft8 behemoth M.Sogaard+

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not sure what's so hard to understand about the fact I stated.

You're making shit up, but ok?

I have no idea what stat you're talking about. I went through Evolving-Hockey and Natural Stat Trick and NHL.com's limited sheet and could not determine how you concluded what you did. Surely, you aren't relying on raw save percentage with no additional context?

You said the following:

"Carter Hart's stats over the last 3 years are among the worst in the NHL for goalies who have played 80+ games during that span. James Reimer has slightly better stats in only a few less games played, and it's not like he's been playing on great teams either."

That's peak "well your player is shit anyway. I want him for some reason." If Hart is so shitty, why trade for him? What's the point of this exercise?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I have no idea what stat you're talking about. I went through Evolving-Hockey and Natural Stat Trick and NHL.com's limited sheet and could not determine how you concluded what you did. Surely, you aren't relying on raw save percentage with no additional context?

You said the following:

"Carter Hart's stats over the last 3 years are among the worst in the NHL for goalies who have played 80+ games during that span. James Reimer has slightly better stats in only a few less games played, and it's not like he's been playing on great teams either."

That's peak "well your player is shit anyway. I want him for some reason." If Hart is so shitty, why trade for him? What's the point of this exercise?

Good god what an awful post...

I said he's statistically one of the worst in a reply to Sogaard being bad because his stats aren't great. How you couldn't decider such a simple argument is kind of ridiculous. You clearly need a coffee.

Then.. you go on about how I shouldn't be going off stats (which is short for statistics in case you weren't aware lol) when I'm replying to a post about stats.

Look up the word "context" before you reply next time. I never said Hart was bad. I said his stats are, and so are Sogaards, but there's more to a goalie than stats.

It's pathetic that I even have to explain this.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
giphy.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Good god what an awful post...

I said he's statistically one of the worst in a reply to Sogaard being bad because his stats aren't great. How you couldn't decider such a simple argument is kind of ridiculous. You clearly need a coffee.

Then.. you go on about how I shouldn't be going off stats (which is short for statistics in case you weren't aware lol) when I'm replying to a post about stats.

Look up the word "context" before you reply next time. I never said Hart was bad. I said his stats are, and so are Sogaards, but there's more to a goalie than stats.

It's pathetic that I even have to explain this.

Look, it isn't my fault you suck at using stats. The fact that you tossed that "fact" around without even mentioning what stats you used is your first error. You are doing a shit job here, and it's comical you're getting belligerent at me. Your rebuttal was poor. You're the one failing, be mad at yourself.

1684508089168.png

Sorted by Goals Saved Above Expected. If you want a good goalie, you're gonna need to do better than tossing us a far shittier goalie (who wouldn't even play above Ersson) in return and acting like it's some favor you're proposing. Your proposal doesn't make sense. When this began being pointed out to you, you went unhinged.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Look, it isn't my fault you suck at using stats. The fact that you tossed that "fact" around without even mentioning what stats you used is your first error. You are doing a shit job here, and it's comical you're getting belligerent at me. You're the one failing, be mad at yourself.

View attachment 710353

Sorted by Goals Saved Above Expected. If you want a good goalie, you're gonna need to do better than tossing us a far shittier goalie (who wouldn't even play above Ersson) in return and acting like it's favor you're proposing. Your proposal doesn't make sense. When this began being pointed out to you, you went unhinged.
Ok but now you’re embarrassing yourself, Beef.

Those stats include games prior to Dec 7th, which don’t count.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad