C Fyodor Svechkov (2021, 19th, NSH)

PeterCheater

Feb 22, 2014
Everyone (deservedly so) talks about Michkov, but Svechkov may be one of the biggest raisers post-WCH U-18 in this year's draft if he maintains this level, considering he's been really great (2+3 in 3 games) and main criticism towards him was a lack of offensive production. Playing alongside Yurov is certainly helpful, but he's equally great.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Everyone (deservedly so) talks about Michkov, but Svechkov may be one of the biggest raisers post-WCH U-18 in this year's draft if he maintains this level, considering he's been really great (2+3 in 3 games) and main criticism towards him was a lack of offensive production. Playing alongside Yurov is certainly helpful, but he's equally great.

Whomever criticized his offense was 100000000 percent wrong. He was dominant for Ladya and got promoted to a tougher league.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Does he have a working contract or this is just a ''rights to the player" trade?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Rumor says, SKA paid 100M rubles ($1.35M) to Lada plus apartments in SPb to Svechkov's parents. I doubt it's just rights.
Should the Wild draft this guy with a 1st? Looked impressive at u18s, though not as skilled as Chibrikov. Could be a nice little duo between him and Khusnutdinov down the middle. We’re going to be an all Russian team in no time.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Should the Wild draft this guy with a 1st? Looked impressive at u18s, though not as skilled as Chibrikov. Could be a nice little duo between him and Khusnutdinov down the middle. We’re going to be an all Russian team in no time.

Well, he won't be NHL ready for next few years, so if his new contract is for 2-3 years, it's not a problem. If longer, though, it can decrease his chance to go in the 1st round.

As for Minny, why not. The team's picks are gonna be pretty late anyway, and this draft isn't anything special.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, he won't be NHL ready for next few years, so if his new contract is for 2-3 years, it's not a problem. If longer, though, it can decrease his chance to go in the 1st round.

As for Minny, why not. The team's picks are gonna be pretty late anyway, and this draft isn't anything special.

I liked his game, and would hope that MN considers him along with players like Pinelli, Samoskevich, Sillinger, Salminen, etc. Agree that a 3+ contract with a KHL team will hurt his draft stock.

ladafan

Mar 9, 2021
Rumor says, SKA paid 100M rubles ($1.35M) to Lada plus apartments in SPb to Svechkov's parents. I doubt it's just rights.
It's a bullshit. Neither the first nor the second is true.
And on this moment just a ''rights to the player" trade.

ladafan

Mar 9, 2021
Fedor Svechkov signed a contract with SKA for 2 seasons today. Till 30 april 2023. Lada gets for this trade some money. Maybe like 5 times less I'd guess)))

Reactions: CanuckCity

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Fedor Svechkov signed a contract with SKA for 2 seasons today. Till 30 april 2023. Lada gets for this trade some money. Maybe like 5 times less I'd guess)))

This seems very reasonable. Two years is probs the right amount of time for Svechkov to stay in Russia before coming over. Definitely shouldn’t hurt his draft stock, I wouldn’t think.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That two year contract puts him back on MN's 1st round draft board, I would guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad