C Eetu Selanne - Los Angeles Jr. Kings, T1EHL U18 (2016 undrafted)

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Didn't play a shift in his first game. Seems like it wasn't coach's decision to invite him.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
He's going to play today, the rotation of the 13th forward is normal for Finnish national teams.

Yes, it is normal, but in this case they brought Selanne because they haven't ever seen him play and then they sat him in the bench. Maybe he was so bad in the practices that they lost their hope before the first game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yes, it is normal, but in this case they brought Selanne because they haven't ever seen him play and then they sat him in the bench. Maybe he was so bad in the practices that they lost their hope before the first game.

Oh for crying out loud, if he's going to play today then that fully implies ROTATION!

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Don't have to shout if you don't understand what I meant.

It probably is rotation, which happens to bottom players in NT. No one expected him to play top minutes in national team at this point.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yea. He really doesn't play that bottom six style of game. He could be a nice college player at the end of the day.

Yeah he could use it to support a good education. Not that the Selanne kids really NEED scholarship money. Teemu blows money on fast cars and Coto De Caza isn't really a cheap place to live but I'm sure they've got plenty to send them to good schools.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
It probably is rotation, which happens to bottom players in NT. No one expected him to play top minutes in national team at this point.

Yes. That is how it usually works. In this case is the player nobody has seen playing and it is first and only change to see him and there were lot of talk about his possibility to play in u-18 championships. But maybe they think that it makes no difference to see him in three games instead of four.

He wasn't that bad in his first game. Pretty soft and not that great in the defensive zone but at least he didn't look totally out of place.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Yeah he could use it to support a good education. Not that the Selanne kids really NEED scholarship money. Teemu blows money on fast cars and Coto De Caza isn't really a cheap place to live but I'm sure they've got plenty to send them to good schools.

Not the point in receiving an athletic scholarship in this case.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The Ducks should take him only if they think he's better than what's available. Who his father is shouldn't play a role in that decision. The Ducks have built themselves up on a foundation of drafting, and they've pulled big talent in the later rounds - Manson, Kase, and Megna most recently.

felixhockey

Jan 28, 2016
Played against him in 16AAA and 18AAA (we are both 97' birth years). I played for the jr. Sharks ad he played for the jr. Kings. He's not a bad hockey player, but he will never ever go near the NHL in terms of talent. If he was not Selanne's son he wouldn't play in the USHL.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
I wonder what the other players though about him invited to the 2015 u18 pre-tournament. I mean he was only chosen there because of his name... some better prospect might have missed his chance to showcase himself 'cause his surname wasn't Selänne. Really an embarrasing situation for all (even for him I believe). U18 national team level is pro league/u20 or topend u18 league players. He was a mediocre u18 league player.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
In honor of Mika Marttila tho, he has benched both Selänne and P. Laine in his coaching career (yes, the same coach who Laine flipped a finger) :laugh:. Something to tell to his later offsprings.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I thought was better to make a new thread, last post was from 2017 in that last one.

So yeah, playing his first Mestis games, here in Finland.

About half played in this game (IPK home game)

Obviously is a good skater, strong fast, wont be come to his skating if he never makes it.

Offensive awareness is there, he has NA style game, its quite visible.

Is somewhat active in his own end, had a hit in his previous shift, was able to win the puck from the player with the help of his team mate.

Cant really say much more about his game. Havent had the puck at all in this period. - is playing winger position

edit : pretty nice play by Eetu, showed good offensive awareness and kept the puck in his stick and created a scoring chance for his team mate

next shift had 2 shot attempts, a decent, pretty hard, decent quick release, pretty good backhand as well.

He tries at good level.

Its only his second game, cant predict at all of his future

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I thought was better to make a new thread, last post was from 2017 in that last one.

So yeah, playing his first Mestis games, here in Finland.

About half played in this game (IPK home game)

Obviously is a good skater, strong fast, wont be come to his skating if he never makes it.

Offensive awareness is there, he has NA style game, its quite visible.

Is somewhat active in his own end, had a hit in his previous shift, was able to win the puck from the player with the help of his team mate.

Cant really say much more about his game. Havent had the puck at all in this period. - is playing winger position

edit : pretty nice play by Eetu, showed good offensive awareness and kept the puck in his stick and created a scoring chance for his team mate

next shift had 2 shot attempts, a decent, pretty hard, decent quick release, pretty good backhand as well.

He tries at good level.

Its only his second game, cant predict at all of his future
Nah, that’s the fun of threads - reading the older posts to see how accurate/inaccurate they are. Ima bump the old one.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad