C Eetu Selanne - Los Angeles Jr. Kings, T1EHL U18 (2016 undrafted)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=680833&cmpid=nhl-twt

CALGARY -- As one of the most prolific scorers in NHL history, Teemu Selanne casts a long shadow.

His son is determined not to get caught under it.

Fifteen-year-old Eetu Selanne is hoping to carve out his own career in hockey but understands there's an added pressure with the famous surname on the back of his jersey.

"It helps me in ways, like where people are going to come see me more because of my name. But it's also pressure because people are expecting a lot of me because of how good my dad is," said Eetu, who is attending a rookie camp with the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League.

His name intrigued Hitmen head scout Dan Bonar, who made sure to add Eetu to Calgary's 50-player protected list earlier this year.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=212288

Apparently he was invited last year too but the invite got lost in his dad's fan mail.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Teemu-Selanne-is-nintendo-super-mario.jpg

R2-D2...Eetu

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
He was born in the states making him a regular free agent. I'm hoping there's some poster from Calgary on here that can update us on his progress. Anyone know how he's looked thus far ?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He was born in the states making him a regular free agent. I'm hoping there's some poster from Calgary on here that can update us on his progress. Anyone know how he's looked thus far ?

Saw on Twitter that his fitness needs work, his game is a bit average at this point, but he has a great nose for the net.

RoR21

May 24, 2011
Saw on Twitter that his fitness needs work, his game is a bit average at this point, but he has a great nose for the net.

have heard this as well, knowing a guy that's also at hitmen camp he told me that selanne jr. has a good shot and can come off the boards. He has really good high end speed but his conditioning is behind. Supposedly his top end speed is the best in the camp and his shot is up with the better players but he lacks a lot more then those skills.

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
have heard this as well, knowing a guy that's also at hitmen camp he told me that selanne jr. has a good shot and can come off the boards. He has really good high end speed but his conditioning is behind. Supposedly his top end speed is the best in the camp and his shot is up with the better players but he lacks a lot more then those skills.

The good thing is, he's only 16, has a late birthday so he is actually still 15. Hopefully he can go back to California or wherever he'll be playing and get his conditioning up. Could be an interesting rookie in 2014-2015

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad