C Dylan Strome - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I've watched every Otters playoff game.

This guy is overrated. I hope he has a severe injury if not he hasn't brought it at all this post season.

Aceonfire*

Dylinvisible is at it again. So many giveaways.

I really hope for Arizona's sake they take Hanafin or Marner.

Scarbarian*

I do to man. I said in another thread I really hope Arizona avoids him because i actually like the team

i think all this talk about talking Strome is to make Toronto sweat and offer a guy like Gardiner to move up so they could get their hometown kid. Thats speculation on my part, but cant see them taking him at 3. So dissappointing

Draisaitl is so much better than this guy, it's quite hilarious actually.

Like I said before, Draisaitl is criminally underrated around here and I rather the Leafs trade for him come draft day than draft Dylan Strome.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I would take Cassels over him probaly

But from this draft id take my chances on provorov, Barzal, even Crouse over him

Scarbarian*

I would take Cassels over him probaly

But from this draft id take my chances on provorov, Barzal, even Crouse over him

Same here, I actually have McEichel, Marner, Hanifin, Zacha, Barzal, Werenski, Provorov and heck even Lawson Crouse ahead of Strome.

I will die of laughter if they take Strome with the 4th pick. :laugh::laugh:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
First year draft eligible OHLers with better PPG production (at least 50 games) since Dylan Strome was born...

1. Connor McDavid
2. Mitchell Marner
3. John Tavares *
4. Patrick Kane
5. Sam Gagner
6. Jason Spezza

*(year prior to draft year, but not draft year)

...that's it.

He's not dropping outside of the top five, let alone the top ten. I'd be surprised if he fell out of the top 3 and that's only because McDavid and Eichel are generational level talents. Ordinarily Strome would be a shoe-in for the top three, without question.

Okay, so the kid goes and has a regular season like this ^

Then, he has a great series against Sarnia, with 8pts in 5gms, coming up big in the deciding game.

Then his game just falls off a cliff against London, and he's basically a boat anchor against Oshawa? What happened?

Can Otters fans who've actually watched him all season chime in, here? I get that fans who've only tuned in for the playoffs hate him. I'm curious as to when this went of the rails. What is a possible explanation? How do you go from turning in a statistical output seen only once every few years, to being the worst player to ever lace up skates? Overnight! It's not a can't handle the playoffs pressure because he's a choker thing. Can't be. He had his 4g 2a night against Niagra in the final game of the regular season to take the OHL scoring crown in front of all of his friends and entire family who made the trip. He was then money in the first round against Sarnia.

So why did he suddenly fall apart against London?

Scarbarian*

Then, he has a great series against Sarnia, with 8pts in 5gms, coming up big in the deciding game.

Then his game just falls off a cliff against London, and he's basically a boat anchor against Oshawa? What happened?

Can Otters fans who've actually watched him all season chime in, here? I get that fans who've only tuned in for the playoffs hate him. I'm curious as to when this went of the rails. What is a possible explanation? How do you go from turning in a statistical output seen only once every few years, to being the worst player to ever lace up skates? Overnight! It's not a can't handle the playoffs pressure because he's a choker thing. Can't be. He had his 4g 2a night against Niagra in the final game of the regular season to take the OHL scoring crown in front of all of his friends and entire family who made the trip. He was then money in the first round against Sarnia.

I think it's more due to the type of game he plays. I know he is not the flashy type but he just doesn't stand out in any elite way. He is got a good head for the name with good tools and solid hockey sense but has too many holes and question marks in his game which makes people wary of him. I am not trying to hate on the guy but just thinks there are 8 prospects better than him.

horner

May 22, 2007
I think it's more due to the type of game he plays. I know he is not the flashy type but he just doesn't stand out in any elite way. He is got a good head for the name with good tools and solid hockey sense but has too many holes and question marks in his game which makes people wary of him. I am not trying to hate on the guy but just thinks there are 8 prospects better than him.

I see absolutely no compete in this kid.

Even if he is hurt, he should be competing more.

The Leafs are trying to get ride of these players I hope.

We don't need to add another one.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Draisaitl is so much better than this guy, it's quite hilarious actually.

Like I said before, Draisaitl is criminally underrated around here and I rather the Leafs trade for him come draft day than draft Dylan Strome.

IMO TO should float Hanifin for Draisaitl. That would be a good trade for both teams IMO.

Aceonfire*

Wasn't it Grigorenko that disappeared in the playoffs? It really hurt his draft stock.

I think he had mumps though.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
IMO TO should float Hanifin for Draisaitl. That would be a good trade for both teams IMO.

I'd rather stick with Hanifin. Just seems like a perfect dman prospect, no real flaws, and has the size, skating, etc to boot. Leafs desperately need a dman like him... More so high on Hanifin becoming a high end #1 dman than Draisaitl becoming a high end #1C. IMO ofcourse

As for Strome, still think he will go top 5, as I don't think scouts will forget the regular season he had.. plus there's so much room for improvement for Dylan. Massive potential

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario

Not an Otters' fan but have seen Strome a lot this regular season and last season. Like you said, his play dropped off significantly after the first round of the playoffs. Possibly an injury or something happened early on in the London series, that is my best guess. Everything is just speculation at this point.

He is not the player he is showing now. That's the bottom line.

Aceonfire*

Something has to be wrong with him he has looked like utter crap

"Well Dylan, it's likely going to be between Arizona and Toronto and both are just entering their rebuilds"

He then proceeds to kill his draft stock hoping that Philly takes him. :laugh:

horner

May 22, 2007
That play where Strome to the net that is the compete that I have wanted to see.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
I said it before and will say it again. By far the most overrated player in the 2015 draft. He can thank McDavid for his production.

The problem with this line of thinking is that he's proven himself capable of producing without McDavid and would still be a top prospect with all his good qualities. He wasn't picked 2nd overall in the OHL draft because of McDavid and even if he wasn't on McDavid's team he's still a 100 point player as he showed when McDavid was hurt and then at the World Juniors. He's had a poor playoffs, I don't see him as a top 3 prospect and there's no doubt that McDavid makes him, and everyone on his team, better. But this isn't a Dany Roussin- Sidney Crosby situation, Strome's produced on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad