C Dylan Strome - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Younger brother of Ryan.

GTHL minor hockey player of the year...from the Marlies - very high level, good size, skill - needs to grow into his body and improve his skating a bit (although, in fairness, the skating will probably improve as he grows into his body - currently he's tall and very skinny - which is completely natural for someone who is 15 yrs old).

appears projected as top 3 player in OHL draft (along w/ Day and Konecny) - as with most top list OHL draft pics, draft ranking vs. where he is willing to play looks a bit open ended as of now.

subject to his development over the next two seasons looks like a kid who will potentially end up near the top of the draft board re nhl draft.

...everything you hear about his personality, character, work ethic, etc. is very strong. seems like a good kid, w/ high end skill, and a very good future ahead of him.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
How does he compare to Ryan? Similar styles of play?
There are times that you see a bit of Ryan in him as far as the way he handles the puck, but their styles are not really similar overall.

Ryan is more in your face and will make a flashy play, whereas Dylan is cerebral and subtle.
He's your classic big skilled pivot.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hes got good size...If he carrys himself anything like his older brother than he's got great character as well..

Ottersfan1

Mar 28, 2013
Any new thoughts/insight on Dylan Strome as we get closer to the Priority Selection?

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Does he remind anyone else of Jason Allison? He's a better skater than Allison, but I definitely wouldn't call skating a strength of Strome's. His best gift is his mind for the game.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
Does he remind anyone else of Jason Allison? He's a better skater than Allison, but I definitely wouldn't call skating a strength of Strome's. His best gift is his mind for the game.

jason is my cousin, this is awesome lol always was a slow methodical player. captain, all star world jr superstar if strome can do this then that would be a great career! hopefully he wins a cup tho

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I haven't been paying a ton of attention the past couple of weeks...is he confirmed for Erie?

as an aside - i know that most of the attention has been on day...and to an extent Konecny (although he's been dragged into the day drama).

but if you haven't had a chance to watch strome...he's a guy to keep your eye on. he's incredibly impressive...and a guy to tentatively pencil in as an early pick for '15..i know for that draft mcdavid and barzal are the players who get most of the attention (and to the Yanks - a nod to eichel, too). but ppl should bookmark strome as well.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
i assume he's showing up.

has he officially signed yet? when's their prospect camp.

where in the line-up is he expected to play next year - will he play C or shift to wing?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
i assume he's showing up.

has he officially signed yet? when's their prospect camp.

where in the line-up is he expected to play next year - will he play C or shift to wing?
Yes, he signed this past week and is currently at the rookie camp.
He'll wear #19 next year and I've read he may start out on the wing, possibly with McDavid.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
can erie fans comment on where they anticipate him playing this year? given the team's situation is he probably going to pp time?

i'm really looking forward to seeing him this year.

on the one hand, i don't think it's productive for 15 year olds to get tons of attention - but with that said - i think he deserved a bit more press last year than what he got.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Bump. He's been ripping it up the last 2 days at the U-18.

Reading the Erie Otters thread on the OHL forum, it sure seems like their offence will be McDavid, Strome and a bunch of ?? this season. And it seems like Strome will be the #2 C. This might lead to him being undervalued a bit on draft day.

Hemmer Time

May 4, 2014
Strome has certainly been very impressive, and I think he will be undervalued come draft day since he will likely be on a seperate line from McDavid, and won't have the quality of teammates and PP ice time as his fellow, non McDavid prospects. So far he's just outside of the top ten for me, but he could maybe be top-5 by draft day.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Bump. He's been ripping it up the last 2 days at the U-18.

Reading the Erie Otters thread on the OHL forum, it sure seems like their offence will be McDavid, Strome and a bunch of ?? this season. And it seems like Strome will be the #2 C. This might lead to him being undervalued a bit on draft day.

It's likely he'll only play with McDavid on the PP. Erie has a huge dearth of scoring line wingers (especially with Karlsson not coming over), and McDavid is going to get his pick of the litter for Erie's wingers, which will be scarce to begin with. As a result, I expect Strome's even strength production to deflate a bit below his actual talent level.

I currently have Strome #11 on my list. Strome playing alongside Raddysh in the post-McDavid years will be fun to watch.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
It's likely he'll only play with McDavid on the PP. Erie has a huge dearth of scoring line wingers (especially with Karlsson not coming over), and McDavid is going to get his pick of the litter for Erie's wingers, which will be scarce to begin with. As a result, I expect Strome's even strength production to deflate a bit below his actual talent level.

I currently have Strome #11 on my list. Strome playing alongside Raddysh in the post-McDavid years will be fun to watch.

11 in the OHL or 11 out of all draft eligibles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad