Confirmed with Link: C Dennis Rasmussen, 1 year, 2 Way, $793,000

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Anybody see much of Rundblad and have an opinion on him going forward ? Obviously Stan liked him enough to give up a 2nd for him so there is something there..

Nothingman*

Anybody see much of Rundblad and have an opinion on him going forward ? Obviously Stan liked him enough to give up a 2nd for him so there is something there..

I thought he looked poor every time he played. I am hoping he moves on.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I thought he looked poor every time he played. I am hoping he moves on.

Yep. He certainly didn't do a single thing to impress me, but then again, he didn't get much ice, and appeared nervous with the puck especially. We'll see, but right now this looks like a blunder by Stan.

Sophist

Jul 31, 2010
I'm not too sure about having two Smurfs like Kane and TT on the same line.....

[mod] [hey mod: trying to be funny with the Smurf-as-a-slur-for-Swede line . . lot of people don't know the Smurfs were created in Sweden]

But you're probably right -- the Blues will throw Gargamel and Azrael on the ice against them every time.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Bowman knows why he wanted Rundblad... at least we should have some faith in his player evaluation

I liked that move, way better chance Rundblad becomes something, especially here, then a random late 2nd round pick. If we have to trade Leddy and/or Oduya, Rundblad draws in.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I liked that move, way better chance Rundblad becomes something, especially here, then a random late 2nd round pick. If we have to trade Leddy and/or Oduya, Rundblad draws in.

Perhaps, if he manages to live up to the player that was described to us by a few posters.... and random 2nd round picks can yield late bloomers - I wouldn't dismiss the 54th pick that readily.
Rundblad's game looked very tentative when he got his chance... maybe just a case of nerves with him being thrust into action like that. We'll see if he fares any better when he starts fresh right from training camp.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
full offseason and season with the team could help him big time. Adjusting to the new system, players and coaches.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Look at you, drinking that Bowman kool-aid. :sarcasm:

Lol!!

For once I actually agree with CS- we have plenty enough prospects as it is, so I like that we moved the second for a player that was once held in very high regard. He was touted as having top-pairing potential at one point , IIRC. Better chance that he works out than a low second, IMO.

Seems very boom-bust to me at this point, which is great because if he works out he could ultimately replace Oduya on the second pairing... and if not we have plenty of D prospects coming up anyways

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
without any trades....

bickell-toews-hossa
saad -shaw-kane
sharp-kruger-morin
bollig-danault- one of the kids

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
without any trades and no Smith or Versteeg but with Morin and Danault new

smith is an free agent, I hope he gets signed but I don't know...Versteeg is done...I would rather have that roster spot for some youth to learn throughout the year, yes they will make mistakes but that is what the regular season is for...we need a spark from the youth a la toffoli/pearson, krieder/zuccarella etc...

If smith is retained I would like to see

bickell-toews-hossa
saad-shaw-kane
sharp-kruger-smith/morin
bollig-danault-smith/morin

I think danault is ready for the fourth line...

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I want to see a little more out of Danault in the AHL before he gets his shot on this team. The hope with Danault is that he can be our 3C in the future.. you need to be able to contribute offense as a 3C.. let him get some confidence in the AHL and have a (hopefully) strong season next year.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
[mod] [hey mod: trying to be funny with the Smurf-as-a-slur-for-Swede line . . lot of people don't know the Smurfs were created in Sweden]

But you're probably right -- the Blues will throw Gargamel and Azrael on the ice against them every time.

The Smurfs are a Belgian creation, FYI.

SLarmer28*

Ben Smith is a restricted free agent.

I would rather trade Kris Versteeg for a right handed defensive defenseman to replace Michal Rozsival than allow Ben Smith to depart.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
smith is an free agent, I hope he gets signed but I don't know...Versteeg is done...I would rather have that roster spot for some youth to learn throughout the year, yes they will make mistakes but that is what the regular season is for...we need a spark from the youth a la toffoli/pearson, krieder/zuccarella etc...

If smith is retained I would like to see

bickell-toews-hossa
saad-shaw-kane
sharp-kruger-smith/morin
bollig-danault-smith/morin

I think danault is ready for the fourth line...

you are saying that Smith will sit out the whole year and Versteeg will sit in the press box all year... because, you know, no trades :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad