Dec 27, 2009
NYC
So you're saying there's a chance?

Did some more digging and found this recent picture of Rasmussen

ace-ventura04.jpg

"Put me in, coach!"

myhfaccount

Oct 27, 2009
I've seen quite a bit of his games, and he is a good addition at a low cost. Far from soft, good on the PK, can definitely play and contribute also on a bottom line(unlike a lot of other recent Swedish exports...). Ofc he is likely to spend time in the AHL, but I really think he can contribute to the big team as well. Not saying you should be super excited, but he's a player who proved himself in the SEL and his style of play should translate nicely to NA. Low risk, decent reward kind of signing for a good price.

EP mentions stick skills and puck handling. I really don't think those are his main qualities. Strong guy who can skate pretty good. Great work ethics. Developed a pretty good shot lately. Quick release.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This signing is really no big deal

It may though indicate that some of the kids will be with Hawks next year. Signings like Carey/TVR , etc seem like Hawks not only taking shots in dark but maybe finding replacements for kids who will be with team

Let's hope so - when I see it, I'll believe it.. We certainly could use an influx of youthful exuberance, who will not play the game like they are scared to make a mistake (for fear of demotion or the press box).

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
If you can't play your game under pressure than go to Florida. That angle was annoying when it started and it's not getting any less annoying.

Yeah, it can contribute to how a player plays.. but if a player can't handle the pressure of playing consistently in order to stay in the lineup, what future does that player have with your team to begin with? It's not like the Hawks are going to suck anytime soon.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Let's hope so - when I see it, I'll believe it.. We certainly could use an influx of youthful exuberance, who will not play the game like they are scared to make a mistake (for fear of demotion or the press box).

That last sentence I couldn't agree more with. Kids should have played more this year.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
he will start in RFD. If anything he'd be up by November. I can't see him making the roster out of camp

Northman77

Jun 12, 2013
He has developed steadily as a player for the past 3 years in nearly all aspects of his game. If he takes another step he could be a good #2 or #3 C contributing offensively while playing a fair bit of PK. Good size/strength as well.

Cheap, good depth signing, and with a two-way contract you got a year to see if you like him. Not much to complain about here.

He can play on the wing as well, so might make the team out of camp as a utility player (depending on how the off-season goes).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I do not think calling him a bigger Kruger is correct..at 6'3 205 he is Mic much bigger than Kruger...Also a better Hal score..If he is a good PKerry he will make the team...because we never did replace Frolik this last year..Not mentioned was how he does on face-offs..If he stinks in that aspect they will use him as a wing...if he is good in that aspect too then he willcompete with Carey for a 3C spot..

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
The 3C spot belongs to Shaw. Unless they feel like putting him back at wing.

Even though the Saad Shaw Kane line has been great in the past, I still don't think Shaw is a long term solution at 2C for next season.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
If you can't play your game under pressure than go to Florida. That angle was annoying when it started and it's not getting any less annoying.

Yeah, it can contribute to how a player plays.. but if a player can't handle the pressure of playing consistently in order to stay in the lineup, what future does that player have with your team to begin with? It's not like the Hawks are going to suck anytime soon.

Says the poster who has developed how many players?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well there is something to be said for chemistry and a complimentary style that aids Kane's game better than another style..so maybe Shaw is the nest fit with Kane's...not because he has more skill than TT which is not the case but because his forehead game gets the puck to Kane's who can go east -west around the ozone controlling the puck then fire on net where Shaw screens the goalie at the crease and occupies men..that is not what TT does nest..so maybe Shaw is a better fit offensive on that line for Kane's specifically...on the other hand Shaw has weaknesses still needing vast improvement..like face-offs where he stinks or in d-zone coverage and retrieval recognition where in both areas TT will be better than him.. There is no perfect player as 2C solution..everyone has different best attributes and weaker areas.. TT may and up at being anyway.. Kane's game is to Dow the play down...play with the puck. ..and after a tome attack or sneak onto a gap after the opponent's have been mesmerized involving openings for him to shoot or set-up guys..he has the puck on his stick a long time...TT has a totally different game..puck is never on his stick long..makes very very quick passes.off rushes with speed attacks or retrieves puck via anticipation and speed getting there first then either firing quickly or lightning quick pass to set up guys who must be in position and ready to receive puck at any time..it is a much quicker pattern than what Kane's does...thus their styles just might never work well together. .Shaw or Carey probably fit Kane's style.better..If I am right about this it means TT will end up as either 1st or 3rd line LW or 3C...

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Well there is something to be said for chemistry and a complimentary style that aids Kane's game better than another style..so maybe Shaw is the nest fit with Kane's...not because he has more skill than TT which is not the case but because his forehead game gets the puck to Kane's who can go east -west around the ozone controlling the puck then fire on net where Shaw screens the goalie at the crease and occupies men..that is not what TT does nest..so maybe Shaw is a better fit offensive on that line for Kane's specifically...on the other hand Shaw has weaknesses still needing vast improvement..like face-offs where he stinks or in d-zone coverage and retrieval recognition where in both areas TT will be better than him.. There is no perfect player as 2C solution..everyone has different best attributes and weaker areas.. TT may and up at being anyway.. Kane's game is to Dow the play down...play with the puck. ..and after a tome attack or sneak onto a gap after the opponent's have been mesmerized involving openings for him to shoot or set-up guys..he has the puck on his stick a long time...TT has a totally different game..puck is never on his stick long..makes very very quick passes.off rushes with speed attacks or retrieves puck via anticipation and speed getting there first then either firing quickly or lightning quick pass to set up guys who must be in position and ready to receive puck at any time..it is a much quicker pattern than what Kane's does...thus their styles just might never work well together. .Shaw or Carey probably fit Kane's style.better..If I am right about this it means TT will end up as either 1st or 3rd line LW or 3C...

Spot on Re: TT and Shaw... Only Time will tell... But Shaw does get to net way better than TT- which could be better fit for Kane... TT's play recognition is excellent- as is Kane's... We shall see.

Perhaps- 3rd line of TT/Rasmussen/??? (another euro)

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Top 2 lines

Man, the Hawks need a bruising power forward who can chip in 20 goals and protect Toews and Kane a bit. TT between Hoss and Sharp could be a beautiful thing. Saad to the 3rd with Shaw and Bickell. Smith, Morin and Krueger on the 4th....whoaaaaaaaaa.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I like that we added another Swedish Player :laugh:

Now let's hope we trade Rozi and bring up Dahlbeck

Oduya
Hjalmarsson
Dahlbeck
Krüger
Rasmussen
Nordstrom

:laugh:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You're right! Let's play a bunch of kids that can't handle the NHL yet! Sounds like a good idea.

Instead of Zus and Rozy?? ..... yes, absolutely. Let's bring in some youth and see if they can handle the NHL. Not judge them before they even arrive... not give them a cup of coffee with the Hawks, and then send them back down after a few mistakes, (or lack of production, right out of the gate). And I'm not talking about players right out of Jr hockey, but rather good young players that have had some grooming as a pro and are (or very close to being) ready to take the next step. (eg. Dahlback, Clendening, Morin, Danault, McNeil).
Besides, it is pretty obvious that RFD isn't doing a very job of readying our prospects, as well the RFD team has been underachieving for quite a while. Not saying all of the players I mentioned, but at least one or two are likely ready for the jump.

SLarmer28*

You're right! Let's play a bunch of kids that can't handle the NHL yet! Sounds like a good idea.
2014-15 NHL Season:

Sharp - Toews - Hossa
Saad - Shaw - Kane
Bickell - xxxx -xxxx
Bollig - Kruger - Smith

Jeremy Morin is 23 years old and has played 205 AHL games and 39 NHL games. Jeremy Morin's waiver exemption status expires next season. Jeremy Morin is hardly a kid. Besides, Kris Versteeg needs to be shipped out of town for his playoff disappearing act.

Let's play a bunch of kids, huh? I only see two roster openings at the forward position for next season, one if you pencil in Jeremy Morin at the third line right wing position.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLarmer28*

The Chicago Blackhawks will have plenty of centers competing down in Rockford next season:

Teravainen, Teuvo
Rasmussen, Dennis
Danault, Phillip
Broadhurst, Alex
Nordstrom, Joakim
Carey, Matt
Leblanc, Drew
Hayes, Kevin ?????

Nothingman*

Sometimes/many times youth is > that a worthless old ****. Hard for you to accept maybe but it is the way it is.

SLarmer28*

2014-15 NHL Season:

Keith - Seabrook
Oduya - Hjalmarsson
Leddy - xxxx

Rundblad

Let's play a bunch of kids, huh? I only see one roster opening at the defense position for next season. But hey, let's play Michal Rozsival for one more year and watch him turn into a decrepit pylon like Michal Handzus this past season.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
many of them can and have played as Wing before...

playing Wing as Center is easier than playing Center as Winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad