Confirmed with Link: C Dennis Rasmussen, 1 year, 2 Way, $793,000

member 151739

Alright, our new #2 center!

But seriously, that's pretty cool, I guess.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Lot of opinions out there on a guy I'm sure 90% of people have never seen.

I'll wait til camp before forming an opinion. Shot in the dark that can't hurt us.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Why not, nothing much coming out of Rockford, may as well give more pros like Rasmussen that ice time and opportunity.

member 151739

Has anyone actually seen the guy play? Always good for another C though.

Nope, never heard of him. That's why I said it was pretty cool, I guess. I have literally no knowledge on the guy. Hopefully he helps out in Rockford.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
I'm ok with this. Agreed with the "shot in the dark" comments, but at this point I think it's a signing to keep the people happy. Could end up working out well though. Also love me some more Swedes.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Having no idea of his ability or fit in a Blackhawks/IceHogs roster, I just want to know what his hockey nickname would be.

Rassy? Mussy? D-Ras? Rasmussener? :laugh:

massey1984

Some Guy from the Chicago suburbs
Jun 2, 2009
McHenry County
Cool? I have read the single scouting report about him, and he seems like bigger Kruger. Outside of an amazing camp combined with an injury or two, he'll more than likely spend the season in Rockford with the occasional call up. I cannot speak for the organization, but he doesn't change what I'd like to see them do this off-season.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Cheap, two way, and the inklings I've heard make him sound like at least a decent player.

No complaints, and I'll wait to I see him play before I decide if I want him in the Indian Head or living in Rockford.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
So you're saying there's a chance?

I am fairly optimistic on this guy actually making the team...

never seen him play... but reading good things... his numbers are decent... Hawks need size in a bad way... A bigger Kruger - who can actually finish!

Also, this Viktor Arvidsson (who will supposedly be in Hawks Prospect camp)-
looks great/fast in Youtube clip...

Both these guys actually scored in SHL- which is more than can be said for Nordstrom-
and I like Nordstrom- and Nordy made the Hawks to start the year... these two are actually bigger/stronger than 42... so who knows?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I am fairly optimistic on this guy actually making the team...

never seen him play... but reading good things... his numbers are decent... Hawks need size in a bad way... A bigger Kruger - who can actually finish!

Also, this Viktor Arvidsson (who will supposedly be in Hawks Prospect camp)-
looks great/fast in Youtube clip...

Both these guys actually scored in SHL- which is more than can be said for Nordstrom-
and I like Nordstrom- and Nordy made the Hawks to start the year... these two are actually bigger/stronger than 42... so who knows?[/
QUOTE]

Who knows is right. With Q it seems it is feast or famine with a lot of the young players. One or both of these guys could start the season on the roster, and/or just as easily, we never hear of them again (in our org).
If nothing else, this playoff exposed how weak (in more ways than one) our 4th line really is at crunch time.... so hopefully we'll move to improve that for next season.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This signing is really no big deal

It may though indicate that some of the kids will be with Hawks next year. Signings like Carey/TVR , etc seem like Hawks not only taking shots in dark but maybe finding replacements for kids who will be with team

nickynick001

Jun 3, 2014
This signing is really no big deal

It may though indicate that some of the kids will be with Hawks next year. Signings like Carey/TVR , etc seem like Hawks not only taking shots in dark but maybe finding replacements for kids who will be with team

This makes sense. Are you thinking TT, Johns, others start with the big club? Then you need to put more guys in the pipeline.

Someone floated the idea that they signed him because they think they will miss out on Hayes. I don't know about that, but it can't hurt to have guys in the system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad