C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
What year is Nathan Noel and is he going to the Q next year?

Noel is like McDavid a 97 but I do not think he is even applying for special exception stataus, I know Luc Deschesne was going to apply for it and also Jeremy Roy I heard was also going to or thinking about applying but not as easy in the QMJHL as the OHL to get special exception...they said no to Sidney Crosby lol, still not sure why.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Noel is like McDavid a 97 but I do not think he is even applying for special exception stataus, I know Luc Deschesne was going to apply for it and also Jeremy Roy I heard was also going to or thinking about applying but not as easy in the QMJHL as the OHL to get special exception...they said no to Sidney Crosby lol, still not sure why.

Sounds like pride/tradition. So will he stay at SSM for another season?

Where are Deschesne and Roy playing right now btw?

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
perhaps the motto for whatever teams are near the bottom will be "Play S@#t for McDavid"

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga

Not sure what you mean by this, players must apply to Hockey Canada, not the QMJHL, OHL or WHL. Is there a link that shows Crosby applied for exceptional status in 2002?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Not sure what you mean by this, players must apply to Hockey Canada, not the QMJHL, OHL or WHL. Is there a link that shows Crosby applied for exceptional status in 2002?
The Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL) tried to get a hometown exemption for Crosby so he could play major junior last fall but the attempt failed, which is probably just as good -- 14 is kind of young to be playing in that league. Crosby appears to have never shaved.
http://ushr.com/news/20020601

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
The exceptional status rule was made for John Tavares. He was the first one to apply.

Crosby applied under the old 'Jr A' rule. Different procedure, different rulings.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I hope he gets the status, it sounds like he's clearly good enough for it. It could work against him that Ekblad just got it this year and both guys to get exceptional status have been from the OHL but I hope it doesn't. Erie and Kingston could both get substantial help with McDavid and Ho-Sang.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I hope he gets the status, it sounds like he's clearly good enough for it. It could work against him that Ekblad just got it this year and both guys to get exceptional status have been from the OHL but I hope it doesn't. Erie and Kingston could both get substantial help with McDavid and Ho-Sang.

McDavid has been approved by the application committee. Just now waiting for Hockey Canada to rubber stamp it. Could be announced tomorrow.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Next season will be quite the year, Mackinnon's draft year, Ho Sang and Virtanen's first year in junior and now with his exceptional status tag, Connor McDavid will be joining the latter two. Should be fun to follow, hopefully the kid has success.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
i don't think he is the next one....but I would put this guy on a level a little bit higher than a taylor hall or tyler seguin, I think he is a little above them at the same age.

OHLFan8771

Dec 6, 2011
What is his size like? Height and weight wise? How does his size and strength compare to other players?

He is listed at 5'11 170. He seems to have everything needed to play in the OHL next season. Everyone raves about his speed, play making abilities, and IQ on the ice.

AugustBurnsRed*

Needs a better name.. Crosby and Ovechkin, replaced by McKinnon and McDavid. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce