C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
Does anyone think it impossible for him to crack the Canadian Olympic roster in a few years?
In 3 years he should be able to make it for sure since he'll have 2 and 1/2 seasons to prove his worth. If it was in 2017 or 2016 then i'd say no.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Even though the Leafs didnt get him, I cant wait to see this guy play in the NHL. RIP sleep next season, I will be watching way too many Oiler games.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
McDavid is about to get his biggest test vs. Oshawa that can play very aggressive and physical defensively. Facing McCarron night in and night out is going to be about as close to NHL level physicality as you can get in juniors.

Can't wait to see what he can do in the OHL final!

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Seemed like Crosby would win many Art Rosses but McDavid might leave him with only two. I hope McDavid adds some more weight to get around 190-200. Hopefully he has a shorter summer than what was expected because I can't wait to see him possibly see him in the Memorial Cup.

According to Hockeydb.com McDavid is Height 6.01 -- Weight 195 [185 cm/88 kg].

So he is between the weight you have said.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
According to Hockeydb.com McDavid is Height 6.01 -- Weight 195 [185 cm/88 kg].

So he is between the weight you have said.

McDavid is not small by any means. People who think he's small probably just see what he can do with the puck and his speed and just assume he's small.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
McDavid is about to get his biggest test vs. Oshawa that can play very aggressive and physical defensively. Facing McCarron night in and night out is going to be about as close to NHL level physicality as you can get in juniors.

I disagree, Nurse was a bigger challenge, best dman in the OHL and extremely aggressive with elite level skating. Otherwise the teams are pretty equal imo. McDavid will make McCarron look like nothing :laugh:

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Yes. Mike McCarron will be McDavids kryptonite.

McCarron won't be able to touch McJesus.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Understandable. I look at him play and he seems much bigger than 187 pounds though. Maybe because I watched Nugent-Hopkins play and he was a string bean (160-170 pounds) when he first started in the NHL.

187 lbs was his weigh in at the beginning of the season. He said in an interview(i think it was during the sarnia series) that hes over 190 lbs now. I wouldnt be surprised at 6'1-6-2 200 lbs by his first nhl game.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
McDavid is not small by any means. People who think he's small probably just see what he can do with the puck and his speed and just assume he's small.

Agreed, he looks bigger than Hall and Seguin did in juniors both in height and in weight. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at 6'1.5"-6'2" and 200lbs. when it's all said and done and he finishes filling out.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Agreed, he looks bigger than Hall and Seguin did in juniors both in height and in weight. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at 6'1.5"-6'2" and 200lbs. when it's all said and done and he finishes filling out.

Not to mention training with Gary Roberts. I understand many players train under the BioSteel program, but it seemed from the one workout interview I saw, GR was training him personally, not sure he's involved with every player that much (Stamkos for sure, not sure who else). The kid is a lot stronger than he's given credit for.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

He looks to be getting a little husky, I think he's going to have a body just like Phil Kessel! It makes sense since they're both speed demons!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not to mention training with Gary Roberts. I understand many players train under the BioSteel program, but it seemed from the one workout interview I saw, GR was training him personally, not sure he's involved with every player that much (Stamkos for sure, not sure who else). The kid is a lot stronger than he's given credit for.

He's pretty strong but he doesn't rely on his strength as much as a guy like Crosby does. He has a ways to go in terms of strength but that's not surprising especially if he's still growing.

He hasn't done **** in like 3 days.

Bust I tells ya! :laugh:

He looks to be getting a little husky, I think he's going to have a body just like Phil Kessel! It makes sense since they're both speed demons!

I don't get that sense at all.

longy85

Oct 24, 2009
The kid doesn't even look like a hockey player. Swear I saw this kid in my bio 101 lab planting sprouts.

He is going to be crazy when he becomes a man and gets that man-strength, because I agree with BBO above that right now he does not rely on his strength at all. But eventually mcD will weigh 200 lbs and be strong.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
The kid doesn't even look like a hockey player. Swear I saw this kid in my bio 101 lab planting sprouts.

He is going to be crazy when he becomes a man and gets that man-strength, because I agree with BBO above that right now he does not rely on his strength at all. But eventually mcD will weigh 200 lbs and be strong.

Haha exactly what I thought. Does not look like the next "great one" of hockey.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Coz.

Haha exactly what I thought. Does not look like the next "great one" of hockey.

normal.jpg

One lf the defining qualities that makes him so special is that he is highly cerebral, with the vision to see how the play is going to develop and the smarts to put himself in a position to benefit from it. Yeah he needs to get stronger to handle the wear and tear of the NHL, but he won't need or rely on superior physical strength or build to make his mark on the league.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
normal.jpg

One lf the defining qualities that makes him so special is that he is highly cerebral, with the vision to see how the play is going to develop and the smarts to put himself in a position to benefit from it. Yeah he needs to get stronger to handle the wear and tear of the NHL, but he won't need or rely on superior physical strength or build to make his mark on the league.

Hard to believe anyone that skinny could play in the NHL let alone dominate when looking at Gretzky, crazy when comparing to NHL players today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad