C Clayton Keller - Boston University, NCAA (2016, 7th, ARI)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Any chance he hits 70+?? I was thinking 60 should for sure be attainable but if Coyotes get it going even a little bit he can be more effective and productive

Basically doing it by himself right now. Domi isn't effective on his line and Stepan is a step behind. I don't know if he'll fade but he might hit 70+

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
70+ on this Arizona team would be very hard. I'm thinking just above 60 with 35 goals, which is still outstanding and comparable to Matthews' rookie season.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Honestly he plays like a shorter, but older version of nico. It was a treat to watch both of them saturday night. Although Bratt looked better than both at times

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's just unbelievable what Keller is doing considering the team he has. Who knows what kind of things he could accomplish when he gets surrounded by some half-decent players with chemistry?

Reactions: Acadien86

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
It's just unbelievable what Keller is doing considering the team he has. Who knows what kind of things he could accomplish when he gets surrounded by some half-decent players with chemistry?
He's been surrounded by some half-decent players like Domi, Stepan, OEL and Demers. Could be that Tocchet is a crappy head coach but atleast he seems to be a good development coach.

I also think that Keller could score +70 already this season.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
He's been surrounded by some half-decent players like Domi, Stepan, OEL and Demers.

I agree completely. He is playing with top 6 forwards and a defense that can move the puck. The Coyotes are terrible but his linemates are reasonable.

Still, that shouldn’t take away from his start. He’s been the best player on his team and looks likely to follow in the footsteps of a Marner/Nylander level rookie season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He refuses to let the team down and hasn't caught any of their funk. He has completely outclassed Domi this year in every way. What a player.

Reactions: RABBIT

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What's incredible is not just that he has 9g 6a 15p in 13gp as a rookie but that the next best scorers on his team are Domi with 1g 8a and OEL with 1g 6a and Goligoski with 1g 6a and Stepan with 2g 5a. I mean, it's 9g for Keller and then the next top scorers have 1g, 1g, 1g and 2g. This is a 1-11-1 team. Yet Keller has 15pts in these games. He's transcending the flaming bag of dog turds that is his "team".

Last edited:
Reactions: Heldig

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Last edited:

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I wish we were on the old board. I loved this kid the late in the summer before he was even drafted. Where I do believe I made a Kane like comparison. Where I know I have read a few comparisons before. But this one is the real deal Kane comparison. Terrific skills!

Edit Found it. Was on the Keller bandwagon early on. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/109291493/

And the Kane comparison. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/113893545/
Omg you called it! And a top prospect in his draft year no less, you must have really had to dig for that comparison.

Really not sure why people make these posts, nobody cares.

Reactions: TheDoldrums

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Omg you called it! And a top prospect in his draft year no less, you must have really had to dig for that comparison.

Thank you! A lot of us were on the Keller bandwagon early on. Not just me. They were right too. And actually it was a year before he was drafted when I posted about him, but I suppose that would be too self serving.

Regardless, let's talk about the player, and I will certainly stick to my Patrick Kane comparison made then, since many are often compared to Kane. But none are really and none are closer than Keller. Which as I said then, is a true comparison.

Which is a good discussion in itself. The real winners here are the Arizona fans who I find as a very likeable group. I want to see them do well.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

And of course, only ever brought up in certain circumstances. I'm sure that poster isn't eager to bump the Crouse thread with his pre-draft thoughts on him.

Back to Keller, I really think he could get close to 70 points this season. He's a special player.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
And of course, only ever brought up in certain circumstances. I'm sure that poster isn't eager to bump the Crouse thread with his pre-draft thoughts on him.

Back to Keller, I really think he could get close to 70 points this season. He's a special player.

Since you brought it up. I don't believe I ever participated in the Crouse draft prospects thread. You are either lying or mistaken.

Here's the bump you are referring to. You will not find one post by me.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/lw-lawson-crouse-kingston-frontenacs-ohl-2015-draft.1759269/

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Since you brought it up. I don't believe I ever participated in Crouse draft prospects thread. You are either lying or mistaken.

Here's the bump you are referring to. You will not find one post by me.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/lw-lawson-crouse-kingston-frontenacs-ohl-2015-draft.1759269/

I didn't say you posted in the Crouse thread. I was referring to your famous pre-draft rankings, which you used to share on the Leafs board under a different name.

But let's stop derailing the thread with your personal nonsense.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I didn't say you posted in the Crouse thread. I was referring to your famous pre-draft rankings, which you used to share on the Leafs board under a different name.

But let's stop derailing the thread with your personal nonsense.

You did(check your own quote: "The Crouse thread.") and you are the one that tried to make it personal so you are the one that started derailing this thread. But I am not surprised of your backpeddle since you were caught fibbing.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
You did(check your own quote: The Crouse thread.) and you are the one that brought it up so you are the one that started derailing this thread.

No, you started derailing it but digging up two old posts to show you liked Keller, like everyone did. Because he's awesome. And everyone liked him. Another user justifiably called you out for this behaviour. You misinterpreted the Crouse comment, as you often do. You famously preferred Crouse over Marner when you were going under a different name on the Leafs board, it's not like you would link those posts in the Crouse thread today. The only point is you are wrong about prospects as much as you are right.

Anyways as I previously said, I really think Keller can get close to 70 points. I expect him to take the Calder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad