C Alexandre Texier - KalPa, Liiga (2017, 45th, CBJ)

Toligwen

Jan 5, 2019
38 GP
6+20
S% 3,8
PDO 95,1

His goalscoring numbers gonna be lot higher end of the season. 17 games left

Agreed, he had a very very poor S% this far, and it might be due to change. Moreover, he seems to have found back his chemistry with Ikonen since him returning to play

By the way, I did a mistake earlier, stating he was tied 1st in points ; he's apparently only leader by 1

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Kind of an under the radar prospect these days around CBJ HF. He'll probably have another year over in Finland before jumping over, but glad to see most Kalpa fans are happy with his play.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
We need more players like Texier, Draisaitl & Sprong to expand this sport to non-traditional hockey countries.

He is yet another prospect that refuses to play for his national team because he consider himself too good for it and want to play for Canada.

Shameful and to be honest I dislike him because of it.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
He is yet another prospect that refuses to play for his national team because he consider himself too good for it and want to play for Canada.

hes been in canada since he was 7, its probably his dream to play for team canada and you dislike him for this

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.

hes been in canada since he was 7, its probably his dream to play for team canada and you dislike him for this

In fact, the Dutch hockey federation simply can’t afford his insurance. Plus, yes, he basically grew up in Canada.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009

Yes I do. Play for the country of your parents or you are a disgrace. Shameful as the Qatar national handball team.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Why did the Sprong and Texier threads get merged?

Back on track, texier is good at hockey. I love these type of Jarmo picks. Oshie, Dano, Texier, etc. Bit off the radar but exciting and seeing them rise above expections is really fun to watch.

Reactions: Toligwen

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Yes I do. Play for the country of your parents or you are a disgrace. Shameful as the Qatar national handball team.
Oh shut up. He grew up in Canada and has played in the Canadian system at all levels. Providing he has the right documentation and citizenship and meets IIHF requirements (which he does) he has every right to play for Canada.

Also this is a thread about Alex Texier, not Daniel Sprong. If you want to talk about Daniel Sprong, go talk about him in his own thread.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I still think the kid is a C. We drafted him as a C and he decided to go to finland to play for better competition and to develop more. They had guys they thought better at C and Tex is still a kid learning so they put him at wing. No doubt in my mind he all day could be a C. He has so much play making abilities and can pass as well as.he can shoot. People thought PLD was going to be a winger as well.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
I still think the kid is a C. We drafted him as a C and he decided to go to finland to play for better competition and to develop more. They had guys they thought better at C and Tex is still a kid learning so they put him at wing. No doubt in my mind he all day could be a C. He has so much play making abilities and can pass as well as.he can shoot. People thought PLD was going to be a winger as well.

Kapanen played defenseman and wingers at C rather than Texier for some reason.

Only one coach though, might be different when he moves to North America.

JoukoPouko

Texier is a shoot-first type player, much better suited for wing. As mentioned above, there were times when KalPa was in desperate need of centers, and they decided not to use him there.

Most forward prospects who end up on NHL radar grow up playing center, only a small portion of them end up being there at the top level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad